Thread: Peek-A-Boo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Peek-A-Boo!

Hi Guys!

I took a bit of a sabbatical from the site, I'm sorry. I've been busy with work, training new people and haven't had the time to peek in. I've been desperately trying to live like I wasn't sick. However, I did make some positive changes.
    I started a "eating" plan on April 27th. It's basically just protein and veggies. Eggs for breakfast, chicken or something and veggies for lunch and dinner. I have a hardboiled egg for a snack, some low fat string cheese or pickles. As much leafy greens as I want, etc. It's been 15 days, I am down 16 lbs of Prednisone weight, I haven't had sugar in 15 days (fruit is a no-no) and I walk almost daily. Today I went to a Zumba class with a friend and I am exhausted!!! I'm going to have some corn on the cob with dinner as an extra thing. It's the little things ...
    As for me? Well, guess who still hasn't been able to get rid of the UTI or Kidney Infection or whatever they want to call it? Not to mention I have a case of ringworm on the back of my thighs that hurts and itches and is KILLING me (not to mention it's ugly). Also, my damn ears. If I take in a deep breath, or exercise or yawn, my ears get clogged the way they were when I had to have tubes put in. SOmetimes it stays that way for HOURS. ... I'll be seeing the ol' GP on Thursday so that I can talk to her, and then go to the ENT, the dermatologist, etc. I see myself peeing in a cup in the future.

Still working too much, unfortunately. But, I have become really good at sleeping so ... the working so much doesn't seem like too much of a problem at this point.

I am in a never ending battle with the monster that is Wegener's/GPA. At least I'm strong ... I'll fight as long as it takes.

I hope you are ALL well, I look forward to catching up with everyone!!
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad you're back, Nikki! Judging from the more positive tone of your post, you seem to be getting better.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am forcing myself to be positive. However, I feel pretty crappy ... but, I am trying not to dwell on that!

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you just need someone to chat with....hint hint
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am glad that you are back, we missed you and I am glad that some things are better.... you are still over-working I hope you can reduce it....
    btw, your blog, that you share on fb, is awesome. share it here too
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The blog can be found at Nightmares in Wonderland I am trying to write in it more. I'm also trying to not make it so whiny like it was in the beginning. Positivity helps illness right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love Nightmares in Wonderland. I'm currently waiting for the book release - Alice really had no idea

I thought you must have been taking a well earned holiday, somewhere warm and restful - but no, you have been working too hard.

One of our big Managing Directors did this protein diet, called the Dukan diet. He lost so much weight and looked fantastic, however now he can't seem to eat anything else without feeling ill. Doesn't help when you are a Managing Director of a big National company and you have lunch meetings and dinners with clients etc - and he can't eat. He is fine if he just has some steak but when a client wants to go somewhere different, Chinese or Indian etc, he is limited to the foods he can have.

I hope you do get to find that place in the sun soon Nikki, for some well earned rest.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mikki,glad to hear from you again....and losing 16lbs. THATS GREAT Why can't you eat any fruit though,I thought that was supposed to be good for you too ? Hope you are able to get the other things resolved soon so you really start too feel better. Keep up the good work, you may have Pete out numbered soon !!!
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fruit is usually high in sugar content...really affects some, especially diabetics.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am having NO sugar at all, even the natural kind. When I get to a manageable weight, I may add in berries purely for their antioxidant content! But, for now, I'll stick with what I have going on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast