Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peek-A-Boo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe that's part of why I am unable to lose any pounds. In the morn. I put frozen fruit ( mango,pineapple,berries and yogart ) and mix it all together with my oatmeal. I don't drink soda ( except ginger ale ) but alot of water. I can not lose 10 lbs to save my life.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probly doesn't help m'dear...
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cut out the sugars.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I won't lie. It was a difficult transition. I started thinking about fruit, candy, brownies, cake. Anything sweet. I sit at work near a GIANT bag of salt water taffy, people keep bringing in and heating up chocolate chip cookies until the whole dispatch center smells like fresh baked cookies. Dispatchers like sweets so it is ALWAYS here tempting me. But, I powered through, I kept looking in the mirror and hating that person. So ... I made it and am now 18 days without sugar, 21 days no soda (not even diet!). I'm stuck at 16lbs at the moment but I haven't slept well in the last couple of days and that doesn't help the numbers go down.
    It's hard. I had headaches, I felt VERY tired (moreso than normal). But, that feeling does pass if you just stick to it. I kept telling myself that I could have just one little thing but ... if I did, I'd be starting all over with the withdrawals again so I didn't.
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your willpower in avoiding sweets is amazing!!!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You were right Don , I looked at the sugar amount on my bag of fruit and it was like 22 grams !!!! I couldn't believe it all this time I thought nothing of it. I need to read labels more. But I have been doing alot of walking through the park, up and down hills. I'm gonna start trying to reduce the pred again.

Nikki,do u think your sudden weight lose is making you tired and giving you headaches ? Like Michelle said you do need a vacation. Take care
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big congrats to you, Nikki, for resisting all that temptation and sticking to your plan. You show a great deal of strength of character to able to do that.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had headaches in the initial sugar withdrawals and carb flu but they went away. Where I work, we currently are dealing with a MAJOR issue that is causing a great deal of stress. Not to mention, there's a very low morale in here on top of everything else which doesn't help so I've watched my headaches and they mostly happen while I'm at work. Hmmm, coincidence?
    There is two big things of cookie in here today. I don't even have the slightest desire to go have some. Yes!!!

Although, it was fun to freak out my doctor yesterday when she checked my urine and saw all the ketones in it. She told me I'm not drinking enough water. I explaned I drink a gallon a day. She got very worried and I had to explain that I don't eat anything but vegetable carbs so ... my body is breaking down fat in my body for energy. She seemed rather relieved that I wasn't getting some sort of other medical issue. We hadn't been able to talk about my diet yet.

Eating this way has made me feel better overall. Sure, I get tired but I work a lot. I'm not any more tired than I was before Wegener's came into my life. I feel a MAJOR improvement in that area. My cravings have changed too ... instead of wanting something bad for me, I craved a bowl of grapes or the other night I wanted steak. Weird but I'll take it!
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12