Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Methotrexate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That reminds me of an old Gary Larson cartoon. A dog was in the passenger seat of the car and his owner was driving. The dog happily shouted out to another dog on the sidewalk, "I'm going to the vet to get tutored!!"

Doug Guest

Yes, that's one of my favorite Gary Larson cartoons! I wonder what he's doing these days?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he got neutered.

Oh, you probably mean Gary Larson.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    I think he got neutered.

Oh, you probably mean Gary Larson.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question MXT "wash out" time line before getting pregnant

I was told to do a 6 month wash out...being off MXT for 6 months.....before getting pregnant. Anyone else going through this? Or know where to point me on this site to talk about pregnancy and WG?
    Thanks. I'm new and finding it hard to move around in here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suggest you start a new topic thread called Pregnancy and Wegs (or something like that--easy to identify the topic).

Here's how to do it:
    1) Start on Home page
    2) Click on General WG Chat
    3) Right above where all the posts are listed, you'll see a little blue tab labeled "New Thread"
    4) Click it and write your post! Make sure you label the thread in "Title."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Methotrexate

My Rheumy has put me back on 15mg Prednisone daily and Methotrexate 50mg once a week, as its seems to be limited (affecting sinus and joints and not organs) he feels this is the best option and I wasn't keen to go back on the cyclophosphamide unless organs were being damaged anyway, so I guess it was the best outcome I could hope for (other then no medication at all and it will just go away.....lol, can always dream).

I have read a few threads on Methotrexate and decided I will take it on a Friday evening, so starting this coming Friday. Don't remember doses mentioned, so can anyone tell me the likely hood of that dose making me feel unwell (thought if it did it was probably best to deal with it over a weekend not a work week).
    kat

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i take methotrxate every saturday night with dinner { a big meal } as well i find within hours my aches and pains in my legs and joints are worse and that by bed time 10-11 pm i am totally zonked its like i've taken a sleeping tablet. and i really feel it the whole weekend as well but the funny thing about it all is the opposite to what i have been reading i do not get nausea or feel sick at all i feel for you all . i would rather put up with the aches and pains rather than trow up all weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi see your Doc my wife says taking lansoprazole helps plus ginger biscuits in a morning before she took her methotrexate she was on 25mg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I switched from oral Methotrexate to injections 3 weeks ago because we are increasing the dosage hoping it works. I was very nauseated and had stomach pain with the oral dose. Now that I am taking injections my stomach is fine, no pain, no nausea-it is nice. The only thing I have noticed is I am very tired the day after my injection but that is better than sitting around trying not to puke.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast