Likes Likes:  0

Thread: PERPLEXED of LUTON

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default PERPLEXED of LUTON

Hi, I haven't been on the site for very long, but am perplexed by all the names of so many different drugs. So I thought I would write a list of the one's I take, to see if there are shortened versions of mine, so here goes. Prednisolone 5mg 1or 2 alternate days. Mycophenolate mofetil 500gm 1 twice a day. Co-trimoxazole 160/800 1 x 3 times a week. Omeprazole 20mg 2 per day. Ramipril 2.5mg 1 per day. Codeine Phosphate 30mg 1 x 3 times a day. Aspirin 75mg 1 a day. Sertraline 50mg 1 a day. Adcal-D3 750mg 2 a day. Sodium bicarb 500mg 1 a day.
    I dare not run anymore, as I will sound like a pair of Maraca's, and maybe frighten people. Acker

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My pharmacy prints the brand name of the drug in teeny, tiny type on the label. As an example, co-trimoxazole is bactrim. You can also ask your pharmacist.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your first 3 are pred, Bactrim (or Septra), and Cellcept. Many of us use the brand names even if we are taking the generic versions, because they are easier to say and spell. In other cases, we use abbreviations, such as MTX for methotrexate, CTX for cyclophosphamide (brand name Cytoxan), or RTX for rituximab. The Cellcept you are taking is your immunosuppressant, where others of us are taking MTX, CTX, or RTX. Sertraline is Zoloft, for mood enhancement. I'm afraid I can't help you much with the rest.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMgosh. I'm sorry, but I loved your comment about running. Kind of like how I felt having to drink so much water with cytoxin. I swear that I sloshed with every step!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Your first 3 are pred, Bactrim (or Septra), and Cellcept. Many of us use the brand names even if we are taking the generic versions, because they are easier to say and spell. In other cases, we use abbreviations, such as MTX for methotrexate, CTX for cyclophosphamide (brand name Cytoxan), or RTX for rituximab. The Cellcept you are taking is your immunosuppressant, where others of us are taking MTX, CTX, or RTX. Sertraline is Zoloft, for mood enhancement. I'm afraid I can't help you much with the rest.
    Hi thanks for all your info. Acker

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for that, you need a GSH when you have this illness Acker

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)