User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Prednisone = decreased testosterone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Prednisone = decreased testosterone?

Hello I am new here but I'm 18 years old and i've had Wegners for about 3years and i was wondering if anyone has had decreased testosterone with using Prednisone? I am on 10mg and lately when I'm working out I just feel not..Manly I guess? My sex drive is odd..I last forever in bed which causes my partner to feel bad like shes not doing enough to please me...Has anyone had something similar? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,
    your question about testosterone will have to wait for the men around.... I guess that the pred is not affecting it, but I am not sure.... maybe you are too stressed, that's all. it is so natural and healthy to be at your age.
    From my point of view, being a man, real one, is far beyond testosterone.....(which is important too, off course)... it is about how much love you give to your girl friend, respect, support, understanding and caring.
    welcome to the forum. you are invited to tell us more about you, if and when you feel like.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to tell you the truth its more of a friend with benefits but shes still a friend and it sucks because she feels terrible because she can't get me off...i really hope the Pretnisone isnt effecting my testosterone which i heard happens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

every girl, no matter who, needs to be respected and cared for. this is what makes you man, first of all and beyond all. and maybe when the realtionship is without love, it can't happen.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope this isn't true...ugh im so over Love

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when you will be in love, you will have no limits....
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Teehk.
    I can share my own experience. I have been fighting a flare for the past 14 years. During that time I have been on prednisone- sometimes high doses. My doctor that I see says I am his patient who has been on prednisone the longest. Lucky me. During times of feeling very ill my libido dissappeared. About a year ago I acquired a girl friend in spite of this. I was concerned that my testosterone was low due to my advanced age (56) so I had my levels checked. They were indeed slightly outside of the norm - but on the HIGH side. Surprise to me. As my health got better my libido returned to normal.
    My experience of making love did not return to normal over night. I experienced some of what you describe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have been in love before, im just jaded by it now. Rather just live with my disease and live my life

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

then pred makes the testosterone higher ? now I should be worried..... ??
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by me2 View Post
    Hi Teehk.
    I can share my own experience. I have been fighting a flare for the past 14 years. During that time I have been on prednisone- sometimes high doses. My doctor that I see says I am his patient who has been on prednisone the longest. Lucky me. During times of feeling very ill my libido dissappeared. About a year ago I acquired a girl friend in spite of this. I was concerned that my testosterone was low due to my advanced age (56) so I had my levels checked. They were indeed slightly outside of the norm - but on the HIGH side. Surprise to me. As my health got better my libido returned to normal.
    My experience of making love did not return to normal over night. I experienced some of what you describe.

Any tips to deal with this? I am quite young and scared this will keep occurring

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast