User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prednisone = decreased testosterone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Teehk View Post
    i have been in love before, im just jaded by it now. Rather just live with my disease and live my life
    you are young. all life and love are still waiting for you.... don't worry...
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    you are young. all life and love are still waiting for you.... don't worry...
    thanks, i just am getting worried. My doctor said i am the youngest he has every seen with this disease and im worried after 3 long years with ups and downs that some of these meds will effect me even worse

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we already saw around younger then you with wg. and the good news are that yougers are overcoming it better and sooner.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know that there is any relationship between prednisone and testosterone- I haven't heard of it so I just don't know. I got checked for testosterone because I asked for it. I don't know the answer to the relationship to illness and libido except that definately being sick causes problems. I was blessed with WG when I was 19 (I'm now 57- I think) . I don't want to bore you with thirty some years of history (LOL) so I will just say that for most of my life my libido has been normal.

Of course there are other things that can affect it besides disease and drugs. Mental and emotional states have an effect too.
    My tip would be something along the lines of what Alysia is talking about. The love is more important than the physical.
    I do understand you may not want to hear that right now from feeling jaded. I have been deeply hurt in love myself and given up at times. I think we have to give things some time and be open to change when it is ready to happen. I wish I had better advice in this department- then I could help myself .LOL
    Hang in there and hang out here too.
    Being young is very much in your favor. I almost died at 19 and went on to have some wonderful drug free years. You can too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hope i can thank you for the support

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Teehk and welcome to the forum.

I agree with the others, you are still only 18 and have lots of years to get better and get things under control.
    .......and not to sound too crude here, but gosh, why would this girl or any girl, want you to end so quickly

Sorry, back on track. I would make sure that WG is well under control then you can get off the pred, however, I have never read that it decreases testosterone.
    Maybe it is just stressing about it, that is causing the issues.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no idea rofl

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I can answer this one. This is someone that cares about you and wants you to have the full experience just as a man does ideally for the woman he is with.
    She is worried that she is not pleasing you. She thinks your difficulty MAY be about the relationship even if you tell her it is about your health. This is about relationship not libido issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't noticed that my sexlife would have changed due to pred. The bad news about the gym part is that when you think about doing steroids and going to the gym its anabolic steroids that will get you looking like Arnold. Pred on the other hand is a catabolic steroid and destroys muscles.

Like I was taking this test to test our muscle strenghts (doing different muscle excercises) last fall when I was recovering, then this spring I took the test again and had exercised and gone to the gym a few times and thought my results would be much better. I was quite surprised when I noticed my results had stayed the same, or gone a bit worse. The doc said that its not that much of a surprise since I've been eating catabolic steroids the whole time.

Here is some info on those two kinds of steroids, was just the first article I found when googling..
    Anabolic steroids versus catabolic steroids - Hartford health | Examiner.com
    Diagnosed 08/2013, Relapse 07/2014, Relapse 5/2017 (although early signs of it from 12/2016)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Teehk, Welcome to the site, I can speak from the older end of living, I'm 69 and didn't get Weggies untill a few years ago and had it not been for the fantastic care I received, I wouldn't be here now. I know it's hard when you get something as bad as this, at such an early age. It sounds to me like you are fighting it really well, keep it going, you will get a load of support from everyone on here. You see I have a problem as well, from the other side of things. I would just like to have someone in my life to love, care for, and to love me in return. I like you have been jaded about love, many times in my life. I'm very active sexualy, but what makes me so frustrated, is that I can't find a woman that wants to be active with me !! I have a young outlook on life, ride a motorbike and have long hair (yes still ) but because of my illness (that they don't understand ) they think they will "catch something" from me. So we both have problems from both ends of the scale I'm afraid. Well I wish you a the best, I KNOW you'll get through it in the end. Acker

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast