Thread: Embarrassing But True

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Embarrassing But True

This is a bit embarrassing to post but here goes. LOL

Since I got dx'ed with Wegs vacuuming has been a huge problem for me. I have to save up energy for a few days beforehand, then it takes me 3-4 hours to vacuum the one large room I live in. I have to constantly sit down and rest, and by the end I'm wiped out for days. My family always used upright vacuum cleaners, so it never occurred to me to try a canister vacuum. Last week I realized it'd be much easier to push a small piece rather than the entire vacuum. Isn't that hilarious? It had never, ever occurred to me.

I got a canister vacuum yesterday and CANNOT believe how easy it is to vacuum. I did 1/2 of my room in less than 10 minutes and never had to sit down. When I'm done I step on a little button and it automatically rewinds the cord. And the whole thing is easier to pick up and put away. Ba-da-bing. You'd think I just landed on this planet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps your next vac will be an iRobot??

I'm retired from Hoover, so your "confession" gave me a chuckle. Hope you're doing well otherwise. Miss your wisdom on this forum.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

everything comes to she who waits.even wisdom.
    john.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL You guys are so funny!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's been a long time between posts my friend.i hope you are well.
    john.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Perhaps your next vac will be an iRobot??

I'm retired from Hoover, so your "confession" gave me a chuckle. Hope you're doing well otherwise. Miss your wisdom on this forum.
    So, that's why when you clean, Pete, you call it "Hoovering" when most of us call it vacuuming, I guess. At least I think it was you.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great to hear from you, Sangye! I used to clean houses for a living, and found the various vacuums I used to each be awkward in its own way, whether canisters or uprights. But then, I was often dealing with stairs and stuff. And there are lots of models I haven't tried. I was given an old Rainbow vac, a canister design with a water bath system to keep the dust down. I'm wondering if you got one with a HEPA filter. In any case, I'm so glad you had your vacuum cleaner epiphany and that it is so much easier for you now! I wouldn't call it embarrassing.... you couldn't have known what a difference it would make.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Sangye,
    when I just saw the title, I was thinking to myself something like : OMG
    and after I read, I was thinking to myself: whew...
    Thankd for sharing
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We once set off on a guided tour via horse and farm wagon into the adirondack wilderness in upstate NY for a day trip. We were looking forward to a peaceful day. And then a large party of campers clamored onto the wagon with all their gear and two yippy dogs. The dog owner looked at all of us on the wagon and said. "I know you must be worried about these two loud dogs. But you will see how well they listen." He then said to the dogs in a very stern voice, "You had better be quiet now, or I will get out the vacuum.". Those two immediately stopped their barking. A bit later, the dogs began to get restless and a little noisy again. The man turned to them and simply said, "Hoover!". No sound from them again for the remainder of the trip

So...all hail the power of the mighty vacuum (as Americans call it) OR the Hoover (as the Brits tend to call it)!

P.S. Sangye...what kind of vacuum did you get? I need a new one. I hated my last cannister because it was forever "biting" my heels, but I am finding my upright a bit of a chore now. Thanks!
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BookNut View Post
    We once set off on a guided tour via horse and farm wagon into the adirondack wilderness in upstate NY for a day trip. We were looking forward to a peaceful day. And then a large party of campers clamored onto the wagon with all their gear and two yippy dogs. The dog owner looked at all of us on the wagon and said. "I know you must be worried about these two loud dogs. But you will see how well they listen." He then said to the dogs in a very stern voice, "You had better be quiet now, or I will get out the vacuum.". Those two immediately stopped their barking. A bit later, the dogs began to get restless and a little noisy again. The man turned to them and simply said, "Hoover!". No sound from them again for the remainder of the trip

So...all hail the power of the mighty vacuum (as Americans call it) OR the Hoover (as the Brits tend to call it)!

P.S. Sangye...what kind of vacuum did you get? I need a new one. I hated my last cannister because it was forever "biting" my heels, but I am finding my upright a bit of a chore now. Thanks!
    cats too... my cats are terrified when they see the vaccum...
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast