User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Be Careful when being treated at Hospital Emergency Rooms!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I gotcha now. Yes, im going to the gastro Dr for my Post Hosp follow up, and I am going to ask him about that! Ill let you know.....thanks so much, I love all my Weggie friends! Yall are the BEST!!!!! Getting ready for work. Then Dr. Talk to yall tonite, and I need to catch up on newbies, and others, and how everyone is doing......Im behind!
    Life is a Gift~ Lilly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

love u2 Lilly thanks for all the info and for the good spirit. good luck with your doc !
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your story has it all - it was funny (poop is funny), scary (colon coming out was terrifying), educational (say no to peroxide!!), and heart-warming (your moment with your mom over diapers was so incredibly sweet).

Thank you for sharing an embarrassing story. It is something that we are all better off knowing. I hope those docs learned a lesson (they definitely will if there is litigation) and will treat others a little better from now on.

I hope you're back to your usual self in no time! Take care and keep on keeping on!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jvilner View Post
    Does anyone know anything else we can't tak?. I know ibuprofen is no good.
    Quote Originally Posted by jvilner View Post
    What I was told exactly is ibuprofen is not good on our livers because if all the meds we take. (They don't mix well-too hard on the body). It's just another burden for the liver. It's also hard in the stomach.
    Haven't heard that we couldn't take ibuprofen... When I left the hospital they gave me prescriptions for 100 pills of ibuprofen and 100 of paracetamol. I have believed ibuprofen is bad for your stomach, while paracetamol is bad for your liver. Luckily I don't need almost any painkillers, but when I do I take the ibuprofen or sometimes another med with codein.

Real sorry about your experience. Sounds awful. I was at a colonoscopy without painkillers (I didn't know it huts, and came there by car so couldn't take their painkillers). After 30min the doctor said they really need the painkillers for me, but luckily the managed to jam the thingy far enough... If I go again I'll ask for some zombie drugs.
    Diagnosed 08/2013, Relapse 07/2014, Relapse 5/2017 (although early signs of it from 12/2016)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow !! that's BAD, you should have not ever gone through that, I know they do get things wrong, I broke 2 ribs after a motorcycle accident and my GP gave me Ibuprofen, so I told my consultant, he rang my GP and said "are you trying to kill my patient, DO NOT give him anything without asking me first"

So glad you're ok now Acker

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the word everyone is leaving out is: moderation. Yes, Nsaids aren't good for us, but in moderation and at the correct times, they do what they're supposed to do without damage. IF my liver numbers weren't good at all, of course I'd be more cautious, but there are times when Ib or any other pain killer does work and is needed. I wouldn't take propofol either on a regular basis, but it did it's job despite any dangers that were lurking because of it. Caution is not exclusion, it is moderation of inclusion/exclusion.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi to All my Awsome Friends...... Ive been reading a Lot about the Ibuprofen question for us Weggies. What I have learned from my doctors, is that he did not want me taking it because it is very hard on your liver. They can do liver blood tests, which tells if your liver is ok. But from what the Drs tell me, the liver does not really show problems until its too late, so they try to do a balancing act if it HAS to be given. But if its been a long time being used, they try to swith to something else. When I was using Loritab for pain, it has ibuprofen in it, so I asked him if I could just take the Loritab without the ibuprofen.....and he told me that the ibuprofen and the loritab work togather , and one without the other is not going to do the job. So that's what Ive heard.
    I have been doing good recuperating from my Colon/Enema 6 day hospital stay.....I still have not received a bill. If I do not get one in the next week, I believe I may go to the hospital and make sure the are not billing my insurance company. I will probably call my Ins company first and see if they are getting billed. Does anyone know who I should talk to about this situation at the hospital? Should I talk to a Lawyer first, (not hire one, just get a free consultation, they will do that hoping you will hire them) .... I kind of feel like I should do this.
    I am thinking about having another colonoscopy, but have the colon dr talk to an anisthiologist re: another Medication to put me "out" while he does it. I think that they just used what they usually use, and I need something a little stronger, a different Medication. I want to know if and how it is healing. I had a "movement" that was not as soft as it should be, and there was pain in an area that concerned me. I need to stay on top of things! Ahhhhhh,,,,,,,Always Doctors, Doctors, Doctors, Procedure after Procedure!!!!!!! But Gotta keep on keepin on! We have to take care of ourselves! The Doctors cant help us If we don't let them know whats going on! :-) Ill Talk to yall soon~~~ Stay Strong Everyone !!!!!! Thank you ALL for being there for me....Much love to all!
    Life is a Gift~ Lilly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do they have a patient advocate or PR person that apologizes and tries to help fix things when they screw up? I had several contacts with this person at my local hospital when i started my pentamadine treatments here. She usually gave me a free meal and apology and assurances she would try get the problems fixed. It eventually lead to a discussion with the CEO who did fix the problems.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
    Hi to All my Awsome Friends...... Ive been reading a Lot about the Ibuprofen question for us Weggies. What I have learned from my doctors, is that he did not want me taking it because it is very hard on your liver. They can do liver blood tests, which tells if your liver is ok. But from what the Drs tell me, the liver does not really show problems until its too late, so they try to do a balancing act if it HAS to be given. But if its been a long time being used, they try to swith to something else. When I was using Loritab for pain, it has ibuprofen in it, so I asked him if I could just take the Loritab without the ibuprofen.....and he told me that the ibuprofen and the loritab work togather , and one without the other is not going to do the job. So that's what Ive heard.
    I have been doing good recuperating from my Colon/Enema 6 day hospital stay.....I still have not received a bill. If I do not get one in the next week, I believe I may go to the hospital and make sure the are not billing my insurance company. I will probably call my Ins company first and see if they are getting billed. Does anyone know who I should talk to about this situation at the hospital? Should I talk to a Lawyer first, (not hire one, just get a free consultation, they will do that hoping you will hire them) .... I kind of feel like I should do this.
    I am thinking about having another colonoscopy, but have the colon dr talk to an anisthiologist re: another Medication to put me "out" while he does it. I think that they just used what they usually use, and I need something a little stronger, a different Medication. I want to know if and how it is healing. I had a "movement" that was not as soft as it should be, and there was pain in an area that concerned me. I need to stay on top of things! Ahhhhhh,,,,,,,Always Doctors, Doctors, Doctors, Procedure after Procedure!!!!!!! But Gotta keep on keepin on! We have to take care of ourselves! The Doctors cant help us If we don't let them know whats going on! :-) Ill Talk to yall soon~~~ Stay Strong Everyone !!!!!! Thank you ALL for being there for me....Much love to all!
    Hi Lilly, a bit more info about Ibuprofen, the reason my consultant gave my GP a telling off, was that when I was in hospital my kidneys went down to 8% of their working range, so I had to be very carefull with all the other drugs I was taking. Acker

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234