User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Be Careful when being treated at Hospital Emergency Rooms!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am supposed to be due for a colonoscopy. Of course, I put it off. I didn't think about whether it might be bad for Weggies or not. If it is, that gives me an excuse not to get one! I am interested in any other thoughts on the subject. I think when I got my first colonoscopy 5 years ago, I was a Weggie but didn't know it.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it depends on the kind of preparation, Anne. you need to see what are the demands and make sure it is without peroxide or other stuff that can cause damage.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    it depends on the kind of preparation, Anne. you need to see what are the demands and make sure it is without peroxide or other stuff that can cause damage.
    Thanks, Alysia. I wondered about that. I remember the yucky preparation but don't know if it had peroxide in it. I didn't get the impression it did, but also didn't know enough to wonder, so I could be wrong. Will have to do some research on the subject and definitely ask them at the gastroenterologists if I ever get around to making an appointment!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive been using Mirilax since I left the hospital, and it has worked to me, along with drinking lots of water, and an apple a day, and lots of fiber. I have an appointment with my "new" gastro Dr today who did my colonscopy. Hope all is going well! Ill let yall know. :-) Thanks for all your kind works and letting me be honest without feeling weird about it! We do have some gross things we go through, but we are strong! Love all yall!
    Life is a Gift~ Lilly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Lilly,
    What was the edema in your upper abdomen?
    I'm glad "things" are "working" again
    Deb H.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Thanks, Alysia. I wondered about that. I remember the yucky preparation but don't know if it had peroxide in it. I didn't get the impression it did, but also didn't know enough to wonder, so I could be wrong. Will have to do some research on the subject and definitely ask them at the gastroenterologists if I ever get around to making an appointment!
    How can this procedure be done safely for us Weggies? What do we need to avoid? I was thinking of having another done this year???
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debra, funny you should mention sueing them for negligence! I figured I would wait until I get a hospital bill, THEN I will give it back to them. I am not going to pay for a hospital stay that was because of something THEY did. Never know what will happen from there! :-)
    Life is a Gift~ Lilly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Deb H. Im not sure I understand your question.....(sometimes Im a little slow!LOL) Are you asking if the enema was in my upper abd too? If so, it wasn't. But I am having some bloating in my upper abdomen. Probably just from eating so much fiber! My impaction was just about 12 inches up from my colon (exit area) So it was very low. Nothing but just LOTS of stuff ready to get out in my upper area! :-) Let me know your question if I didn't answer it. Thanks for your thoughts! Luv U~
    Life is a Gift~ Lilly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Lilly,
    I was referring to this from yesterday:

."as I have upper abd bloating. My sister that I work part/time with, is very worried about this. I have never ever had any internal involvement from wegeners. Just sinus, throat, lungs. So this enema was a big scare for me, because it caused damage to Internal part of me, and I want it to heal. Now I am having some bloating in my upper belly, My sis noticed last nite when she visited me. I had noticed it too. But I kindof ignored it thinking it was just gas. But my tummy hurt to the touch too." ..

Just checking that that has resolved itself, gotta keep check on you
    Hugs,
    Deb H.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it is safe if they KNOW you have a VASCULAR Dz. and use the right things to clean you out, like stuff u drink. And I had my Dr that did my Colonscopy talk to my Wegeners Dr. and let him know what they were doing, so if there was anything the gastro Dr needed to know, My Wegeners Dr could tell him. I wish you luck!
    Life is a Gift~ Lilly

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast