User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: can reduction of pred cause a headache ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    Hi,
    Thanks God for this forum. whew..... I couldn't survive without you...
    the last 2 days I have an aweful headaches.
    a week ago I had my rtx and with it 120mg steroids in the IV, so I though that this can be an opportunity to try again to reduce my dear pred from 5mg to 4mg. so it is about a week of 4mg.
    but then, comes this headach which is felt different and it very strong. so strong that just now I cancelled 2 meetings that I should have done at work, because I can't stand it.
    can the reduction of pred cause it ? I don't have other symptoms of reduction so far.
    or is it because of the rtx ???
    thanks again.
    They have also been reducing my Pred and I have been getting terrible headaches.
    My blog: Animo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Barbarba,been wondering about u,hope all is going well with your dialysis.
    Alysia, believe me the reduction of the pred can cause headaches and other withdrawal symtems...but like Pete said watch you don't get a fever like your son has. I would go back up to 6 for a couple of days then back to 5. Good luck and I hope both you and your son feel better
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debra C View Post
    Hi Barbarba,been wondering about u,hope all is going well with your dialysis.
    Alysia, believe me the reduction of the pred can cause headaches and other withdrawal symtems...but like Pete said watch you don't get a fever like your son has. I would go back up to 6 for a couple of days then back to 5. Good luck and I hope both you and your son feel better
    Hi Debra, I stopped dialysis on Friday and most of the pills. My doctor is lowering my Pred 2 1/2 mgs every 2 weeks. I am now on 15mgs. I feel so much better and for the first time in months I feel well enough to work my horse and groom her. I know the consequences of what I am doing but it is wonderful feeling so well even if it is for a short time. I had no quaLItY OF LIFE before. The Wegs has destroyed my kidney I now has 0 functioning my heart and now my lungs I feel great and hope il lasts. It was awful just being in bed feeling bad. Now I am out doing things again. I hope you are feeling well. thanks for writing, love Barbara
    My blog: Animo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is the pred reduction.
    my second day back on 5mg and I am feeling a bit better.
    my son is also recovering but I figured it out that the headache started before he came home.
    I hope I will not need to take more then 5 mg.
    thanks everyone for your advices and caring and good words. I love you all so much

p.s. I just hope that the headache is not PML after the RTX
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara N View Post
    Hi Debra, I stopped dialysis on Friday and most of the pills. My doctor is lowering my Pred 2 1/2 mgs every 2 weeks. I am now on 15mgs. I feel so much better and for the first time in months I feel well enough to work my horse and groom her. I know the consequences of what I am doing but it is wonderful feeling so well even if it is for a short time. I had no quaLItY OF LIFE before. The Wegs has destroyed my kidney I now has 0 functioning my heart and now my lungs I feel great and hope il lasts. It was awful just being in bed feeling bad. Now I am out doing things again. I hope you are feeling well. thanks for writing, love Barbara
    Barbara I am so glad to have you around
    I missed you and I was worried about you. I am so glad that you are feeling better and already doing some things. I know all the time that you are the toughest and the strongest lady ever
    lots of hugs heading to you, take care and update us how are you.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12