User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can reduction of pred cause a headache ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default can reduction of pred cause a headache ?

Hi,
    Thanks God for this forum. whew..... I couldn't survive without you...
    the last 2 days I have an aweful headaches.
    a week ago I had my rtx and with it 120mg steroids in the IV, so I though that this can be an opportunity to try again to reduce my dear pred from 5mg to 4mg. so it is about a week of 4mg.
    but then, comes this headach which is felt different and it very strong. so strong that just now I cancelled 2 meetings that I should have done at work, because I can't stand it.
    can the reduction of pred cause it ? I don't have other symptoms of reduction so far.
    or is it because of the rtx ???
    thanks again.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please keep an eye on this sweetie. My gut tells me it is prob the pred reduction as you are very sensitive to pred reductions.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, it will be the pred since you are no longer on MTX. I would drop from 5 to 4.5 and see if that makes a difference.
    MTX gives me a headache

Listen to Dr Phil
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't forget the stress of your oh so pleasant meeting. That could also cause a big headache. Feel better.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Alysia, 5mg is a barrier for me and i have never got below it. That being said, i would drop by 1/2mg at a time and even go 5mg on alternate days to start with.
    Question, have you ever been below 5mg? Since my dx 6 years ago i have failed to get lower. The docs say my Wegs is recalcigent and i now think that i will be on pred forever.
    They tell me 5mg is nothing to worry about and i am tending towards that theory!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I meant to say that i am usually out of sorts for up to 5 weeks after a RTX IV. Do you have any 'fall out' after treatment?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, my friends, for your wise words and support.
    Cindy, thanks for thinking about the impact of yesterday
    Dr. Phil, I just took 1mg more an hour ago and tomorow I will be back to 5mg. I hope I will not need to up to 7 or 8 even for a while.... I will watch it...
    Geoff, I was not all the years on pred. at the acute onset I was couple of months on 60 mg. then I reduced gradually to zero and about 4.5 years I was on/ off on various doses, ranging between 30mg to 10mg for short periods. only in the 1.5 last year I am constantly on pred, sometimes more then 5mg. usually 5mg.
    I don't know if it can be the impact of the rtx. last time I had pains all over. but not headaches.
    p.s. my big son, a soldier, is just got sick now with fever and headaches. I hope I don't have what he has...
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your son is a soldier? Oh I so worry about you and the news I hear. How is your headache today?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

p.s. my big son, a soldier, is just got sick now with fever and headaches. I hope I don't have what he has...

Bazinga!! Watch your symptoms and his. Hope you feel better soon!!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Bazinga!! Watch your symptoms and his. Hope you feel better soon!!
    Sheldon is that you? Sorry couldn't resist.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast