User Tag List

Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello Everyone! Posting from Nova Scotia, Canada!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hello Everyone! Posting from Nova Scotia, Canada!

I can't wait to get to know some fellow Wegeners fighters!

Mindy♡
    Using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mindy: Sorry to welcome another member to this club, but now that you're in we "fellow fighters" must stick together! Reading others' varied experiences has given me awareness of the various symptoms this disease can inflict, what I can do early on to best fend these off for as long as possible, where to get information of all kinds, but most of all hope that I can face this disease as bravely as our fellow fighters on these forums. It's so valuable to have a sympathetic group that truly understands.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh goodness no need to be sorry. I personally see WG'S for me a blessing. I've become the woman I am today thanks to this disease. May 19th I will be celebrating my 15th year anniversary since diagnosis. I taught myself at a very young age to not let Wegeners take control of me, that I will take control of Wegeners. I grabbed it by the throat and haven't let go! I'm the monster fighting the disease, not the other way around.

Thank you so much for the warm welcome!

Cheers!

Mindy♡
    Using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool, love your attitude! I was diagnosed last month, a relief to have a diagnosis after months of wondering. But just now catching up with what this disease is all about. Nice to meet yet another fighting vet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the group Mindy. Love your attitude. My gosh, 15 years? Bless your heart. There is an abundance of info here as well as the nicest people you'll ever meet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you! I was DX when I was just 16.

Wouldn't change a thing!

Mindy♡
    Using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A warm welcome to you, Mindy! As a 15 year Wegs veteran, you will have a lot to teach and share with the the rest of us on here. I am very much looking forward to seeing more posts from you. And I'm so glad you found us.

We have a member here named Carrie from New Brunswick. She is the closest I can think of to you. No doubt, you will catch her attention. I know Canada is a big place but there aren't quite as many of you on here as from the US. There are some great ones, though! And of course, we have some very active members all over the world, especially in the UK and Australia, and a few other places, too.

I love your attitude and have to agree, perhaps a tad reluctantly, that Wegs has had some positive effects on my life and helped me to grow as a person. For one thing, without it, I would not know the wonderful people on this forum!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I live in a very small town of a few thousand people and I personally know 4 other Wegeners survivors from my town. New Brunswick is not all that from me... maybe a 4 hour drive. I hope to meet up with Carrie on here sometime.

Mindy♡
    Using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MindyWG1999 View Post
    I live in a very small town of a few thousand people and I personally know 4 other Wegeners survivors from my town. New Brunswick is not all that from me... maybe a 4 hour drive. I hope to meet up with Carrie on here sometime.

Mindy♡
    It is interesting how sometimes there seems to be a concentration of people with WG in specific areas and we may or may not have any ideas as to why. Four besides you, that you know of, sounds like a lot for an area of small population. We have occasionally heard stories on here of other such instances.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes 4 besides me. I've actually messaged one a few minutes ago who lives a few streets over telling him about this forum.

Mindy♡
    Using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast