Thread: Flare or Exhaustion?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Flare or Exhaustion?

I have a question for the group!

I have the worst fatigue that I've had since I was undergoing radiation last March/April. I literally feel like just sitting here, like a lump in a chair, staring at the wall, even moving my arms is wearing me out.

Somehow, I was able to walk today, I was able to do my squats and a short plank but it wasn't easy. I probably shouldn't have, but, when you have gained as much as I have with this disease, you can't just sit!!

Anyway, my nose has been bothering me. Aching, burning, throbbing, the air sometimes feels ice cold coming in one side of my nose when it's not cold out? Basically, I'm aware of my nose 24/7.

So now, with the nose stuff and the fatigue, I'm worried there could be a flare starting?

But .... I've also not had a day off since March 27th and I've been doing a LOT of long shifts. So, part of me is thinking this is just exhaustion? I don't know. It seems to have come on in pieces ... my nose started acting up and now WHAM-O, I can barely be a functional person.

Anyway, I'm just curious. I don't want to contact my doctor unless absolutely necessary.
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh ... and occasionally ... my ears feel like someone jammed an ice pick in there. Not constantly ... just the occasional very sharp pain.

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be a flare. Also, have you been checked for chronic fatigue syndrome? You've been talking about fatigue for quite awhile.

Sure hope you get to feeling better soon.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prob flare or infection, get us your numbers hun.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely get checked out. It can't hurt. I hope you feel better in the meantime. Listen to your body. Rest when you need to, make sure you're getting nutritious meals, and be active when you feel you can be.

I've felt the same way and I imagine I will until the meds get it in remission. Take care of yourself!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nikki,
    I have accepted the tiredness as going along with the disease. From what you say you are doing I definitely would be tired even without Wegeners but I would definitely contact my doc if I was in your situation. He has me on “standing orders” for blood work. If I feel something is not going right I get the blood tests and let the data speak. We always have a phone conversation after a series of tests. The phlebotomists used to call me a “frequent flyer” when this all started. If I was concerned as you are, I would want a conversation with my doc, even if it was just my primary. Let us know how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually do my lab work every two months and it's due on April 25th. So ... I guess I will be going in a little bit early so I can see what the numbers look like.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its sound like you are doing entirely too much,with not having a day off ( which u do have a stressful job to begin with ) and all the excerise,maybe you should slow down a little and rest. Plus get yr blood work taken earlier !
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debra C View Post
    Its sound like you are doing entirely too much,with not having a day off ( which u do have a stressful job to begin with ) and all the excerise,maybe you should slow down a little and rest. Plus get yr blood work taken earlier !
    I agree.

I'm not going with a flare on this one - just a gut feeling

My arms are so heavy and tired at the moment and I realised that I had to carry some heavier than usual bags to work yesterday (full of Easter eggs) and we also had an Audit, so was constantly getting files out for the Auditor.

Planking would do my arms in, in no time flat. I think a day off work and also a day off planking and exercise may help
    Sleep, sleep and more sleep is required - for me too.
    I, however, have two more days of work and then 10 days off. Lots of resting heading my way.
    I hope you can also get some more rest.........because, if your body is telling you to, then you should listen
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Nikki,
    labs every 2 months is too long. I do them at least once a month and I have always the option to do them anytime I feel bad.
    do you have fever ? is your nose bleeding ? do you have pains in the ears and fluids ? are your joints aching or red ? do you have other signs of wg-activity ?
    I think that you are overdoing anyway, flare or not. listen to your body.
    we love you and I bet that the others around you, love you too, no matter what
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast