Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flare or Exhaustion?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just arrived at work after doing my labs. I have to say, and I apologize if this is too much information to share ... My urine sample did NOT look pretty. I feel like I have a urinary tract infection, my head feels weird, like feverish. The back of my ribcage hurts, I'm wheezy, etc. No bloody noses yet, just constant pain.
    I've had sporadic shoulder and hip joint pain. It doesn't hang around long, just hurts for a bit and then stops.
    I'm off tomorrow, except for a meeting at 6pm. I plan on staying in my pajamas and only really focusing on laundry. Unfortunately, laundry beckons.
    Thank you all for your words of wisdom/advice/concern. They are greatly appreciated.
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update:
    As my lab stuff trickled into my in-box, I was getting discouraged. Everything was looking normal. Then, the CRP came back elevated. Not a lot it's supposed to be <0.5 and it was 1.0. Then, ANCA came back and the PR-3 is definitely on the rise. It's supposed to be <0.9 and it's currently at 6.0. Kaiser's charts only go to 8.0 The lowest I've ever seen it was 4.0. I know this can't be used to determine disease activity but ... it's disconcerting to me in general that it's on the rise back up.
    Yet, at the same time, I feel like it's justifying how badly I feel.
    What will my doctor do? Probably nothing.
    Creatinine was fine, I do have a UTI and am taking antibiotics.
    Still feel rather lousy and severely fatigued. Had to come to work and go to court today, looking forward to getting my butt home!

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The exhaustion is one thing, which could be part of a flare or just exhaustion, but the sharp pains in nose and ears are a concern. You could have an ear infection. When I've had those I haven't felt steady pain, but sharp ones. Also, just ear blockage from allergies or a flare can cause sudden ear pains for me. And the huge chunk of hard, impacted ear wax I just had removed also caused me some pain here and there; the ear feels so much better now that it's gone. The nose pains, I don't know what to say about, since I haven't had them even though my nose has taken something of a beating from Wegs.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My doctor emailed me that I don't have a UTI because nothing grew on the culture, yet I have all the signs/symptoms. So I wrote her back, explaining I have all the signs including a mild fever. She said to just take my antibiotics and test again when I was done.
    I'm getting frustrated. But, at least she's watching when I do my labs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not much more can be done hun. Just have to finish your course.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Infections should indicate a rise in WBC along with CRP. Otherwise I would suspect an increase in Wegs stuff if infections are ruled out. The ANCA scores can follow Weg activity and be useful indicator too for some people. My doctors think I might be one of those lucky ones where the ANCA scores are indicative of level of Weg activity.

My main concern if I start having an increase in possible Weg symptoms is to check for possible kidney involvement since one can lose their kidneys in a few days. I already have lost half my kidney function to Wegs damage. Jack had this experience and often reminded us of this risk of losing kidney function. Thus lab work to assess the kidney function or at least a dip stick test for possible blood in urine is important for peace of mind. My symptoms have always increased during any infection and that is always the most likely cause of any increase in my residual symptoms of Wegs. They have subsided when the infections were resolved. My ANCA scores have remained negative for past couple years but were off the charts four years ago when I was first diagnosed and treated for Wegs.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ended up in the ER Tuesday night, another urine sample testing positive for a high volume of blood and white blood cells.

Result?

Kidney infection.

Ugh ......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh dang! It just doesn't end. I hope that you have some answers and can get things under control. You deserve a break. Sending well wishes all the way from the other coast.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh is right. So sorry about your never-ending issues that keep cropping up. I hope this can be taking care of quickly and easily.... I know nothing about kidney infections. I just wonder, why you, after everything else.... Hopes and prayers your way for healing and better times in the near future.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Healing vibes coming your way. So sorry you have to go through this Nikkii. Hugs to you.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast