Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good news on blood work today!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had two doc appointments yesterday and both ENT and Rheumy agreed that we are on our way to remission, at least chemically induced anyway.

Doc Rheumy and I talked about a pred taper off plan, and I am going to go to 15 for two weeks, and then 10 for a month until I see him again. The day I see him again, I'll be getting the 6 month follow up of RTX. We've discussed the pros and cons of doing another one and came up with more pros that cons, and decided to do one at the six month mark. Last week in May is that anniversary.

ENT took a look at the sinuses and there was more improvement since I saw him two weeks ago. I'm now on a one month plan, not every two weeks. Got to see a video of the nose and right cheek sinus, and it is drastically different than last fall. I took along one of the attachments from my WaterPik--one that the ENT showed me how to hook into my sinus to get the saline into the area it needed to go. So, he ran an endoscope in next to the tip to show me how that was working too. It was pretty cool to see where it was going and that I am getting the saline into the cheek sinus directly. He said that is probably a factor in my improvement too. He also told (and showed) me that the lining of my sinuses and nose are both "growing new tissue." I also saw that I don't just have one perforation/hole in my septum, there are THREE! As long as they are not getting larger, he's more inclined to leave therm there , but if they get too bad, then they can be fixed surgically.

I believe, for me, my indicator/trigger for flare-ups is going to be nasal and sinuses.

So between the wegs being dormant for the first time in 6 months, and my aggressive rinsing, I am getting a handle on the sinus and nose stuff. We even decided to stop the antibiotic once I run out of this liter bottle I have prepared.

Overall, very, very good news from both docs yesterday!! I really needed a dose of good news after a completely, absolutely miserable fall and winter!
    Last edited by MikeG-2012; 04-12-2014 at 03:03 AM.
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great news, Mike. Hope you continue to improve!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Great news, Mike. Hope you continue to improve!
    Sounds like we are both on the right track, huh?
    Last edited by MikeG-2012; 04-13-2014 at 11:09 PM.
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent news Mike.

Only forward stepping for you, from now on ......okay !!
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so wonderful so happy for you

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Happy for you!!
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great news Mike, I think it is long ago since we had the weggie dance around....
    Mish ? the new variation is something like that if I remember correctly :

Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12