Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Prednisone withdrawal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes you are all correct. That's the drug. I did google it. Matter of fact that's what made me nuts. Do much contradictory info. Also why I asked on the forum. Want real ppl info. Guess just everyone's reaction is different. I am trying to look in bright side and be happy there's a solution for me as I can't take it in pill form. Keep yr fingers crossed for me!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am a strong person, but every now and then I also need someone to take my hand & say everything will be alright....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jvilner View Post
    Yes you are all correct. That's the drug. I did google it. Matter of fact that's what made me nuts. Do much contradictory info. Also why I asked on the forum. Want real ppl info. Guess just everyone's reaction is different. I am trying to look in bright side and be happy there's a solution for me as I can't take it in pill form. Keep yr fingers crossed for me!!

If you want current discussion on this topic, I suggest you start a separate thread on it that will catch more people's attention who might be using it or know more, with whatever words in the subject line that you think will get a reaction. This thread we are on is about prednisone withdrawal, a different subject, although it's true that we tend to stray off topic a little. Some searches of the archives could be valuable, too.

I can only tell you that I've used Fosamax weekly in pill form for a few years with no negative consequences that I know of. I don't know if there are any differences in the risks between the infusion or pill method. I have not had a bone density screening since starting so can't address whether it may have helped.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks annekat. I'm still trying to figure out how to navigate the forum. I write from my phone.

I am a strong person, but every now and then I also need someone to take my hand & say everything will be alright....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks annekat. I'm still trying to figure out how to navigate the forum. I write from my phone.

from the phone it is more complicated. you should write about the med under medication.
    I also don't know about that med. good luck.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back in Ocober 2013 I "talked" my doc into "weaning" me off the preds. At the time I was on mg, and we did taper off, by December 2013 I was off of preds and felt good. Unfortunately by the end of January 2014 I had relapsed this time with lung involvement, so now I'm back on 20mg preds and 2g cellcepts. If all goes well, will slowly reduce the meds by the end of April. I guess no more getting off of the preds for me,I will stay on some preds for the rest of my life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're welcome. I just use a laptop and don't know how different it would be on a phone. For me, if I want to start a new thread, I'd go to the top left of this page and click Forum, which would take me to the main page with the list of categories. Then I'd choose Medications, which would take me to the most recent posts on that subject. Then I would click Post New Thread at upper left of that page, and would get a screen on which to start the new thread including a title. Write the post and click Submit. And for searching the archives, I think there is a search window at upper right of every page. I know your topic of interest has been discussed here in the past, probably several times. Some of us who have been here awhile still get confused sometimes about how to navigate the forum. Good luck!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RudiK,sorry to hear you had a flare and had to start all over. Did you not have involvement in your lungs before ? What mg. were u on when you started to wean off? I am going to try again but I am going to wait a bit,I may get the results of my bone denisity test tomorrow. I got my Vit D results and they were barely suffiect and my dr at CC said thats o.k.. I think I may up those this week. Never a dull moment with wg !
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ended upping my pred back to 20mg as 15mg wasn't helping the fever and muscle aches at night. Felt better last night. Still had a little fever, but not as high. Hope all goes well tonight. No muscle aches yet. Will discuss with docs on Thursday.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn Cindy. Do you think you have a lung infection or some other infection? Will you go for labs early this week so you got some fresh numbers for this new doc? I so know how you feel sweetie. It just plain sucks.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by windchime View Post
    I ended upping my pred back to 20mg as 15mg wasn't helping the fever and muscle aches at night. Felt better last night. Still had a little fever, but not as high. Hope all goes well tonight. No muscle aches yet. Will discuss with docs on Thursday.
    Just wondering if you might be overkilling the fever and muscle aches with pred. Have you tried aspirin or ibuprofen?
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast