Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi this is Acker from Luton Bedfordshire, England

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hi this is Acker from Luton Bedfordshire, England

Hi all Acker here, I'm new on here. Had a bit of a bad run the last few years. A quick run down started 2004 Prostate cancer, 2006 Ex's suicide, 2011 Vasculitis 5wks hospital with Plasma exchange x 6. 2012 motorcycle accident. 2013 best friend died, brain hemirige. Live on my own so suffering from lonelyness and depression, but fighting it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

welcome Acker,
    I am sorry for you long history of too much painful things. no wonder you are depressed
    please share with us whatever you feel like. here, you are not alone anymore, we are with you.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome Acker...this is a great place to find answers, compassion, and needed info. No wonder you got WG...there are theories (only that at this time) that stress induces WG...plausible when one hears of stories such as yours. You sound like a fighter, that's good...you'll get thru. Please ask away on here...we are all best WG friends on here! LOL! Best to you...hang tough.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Acker and welcome. I live in Essex and not too far away from you. Please done feel lonely, there is always company here.

You will find more support and knowledge in this forum than anywhere else.

I'm so sorry to hear about all the tragedies you've have over the last few years but the fact that you are here now is testament to how strong you are.

Never give up the fight. I don't think there is hardly a person on the forum who hasn't had their struggles with depression so feel welcome to share if you feel like you need to. Where are being seen for your Vasculitis? Local Rheumy or GP or hospital?
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Acker, you have certainly had your share of bad luck in the last few years, but you have joined a group of people, who have been through a lot of very difficult times and experiences. We have all had good times, and bad times, but here we are all in the same boat, coming to terms with what we have, and how we are going to beat it. This is a great place to ask questions, and find out information, that you cant get from doctors, personal experiences, and great comradery. Ask lots of questions, and read all the threads that are here, it helps if you know as much as the doctors, you can then relate your symptoms much easily, as wegs is different in every person. All the best.

Regards Woz....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome Acker. I'm sorry for the very difficult 10 years you've had. As previously stated no wonder you have wegs. We'd love to hear more about your wegs journey if you want to share it. What drug protocols you're on, etc. There are wonderful, warm and loving people on this forum, so you've come to the right place. We share stories, answer questions and most importantly we listen. If you need to talk, rant or vent we're here for you.

So again welcome to the forum and here are some hugs for you.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Acker,
    Another Essex Weggie here! Watch out we are all around you!
    In May i am hooking up with more of the Clan for a pub lunch near Bedford if you are interested? Last time there was nearly 10 of us sharing stories but always with a laugh, smile and a joke.
    If you are interested PM me soon!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Acker and welcome to the forum.

You now have brand new friends from all over the World. Someone is on here 24/7 - yep that's probably Alysia - - - - - only joking.
    Seriously though, if you ever need to chat or vent or have a laugh you will find different people on here at different times of the day from all over the land.

I met up with an Aussie WG Group of people, and it really is a must, if its possible for you, to meet up with someone that has the same condition as you.
    I think there were 10 or so people with WG in the meet up that I had and we chatted as if we had been best friends for ever.

If you can't manage a meet up - then we, on here, are the next best thing.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=mishb;82239]
    Someone is on here 24/7 - yep that's probably Alysia - - - - - only joking.
    /QUOTE]

the "addicted" one
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Alysia;82241]
    Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post
    Someone is on here 24/7 - yep that's probably Alysia - - - - - only joking.
    /QUOTE]

the "addicted" one
    I think there are many of us on here that are addicted. We love you. You make it fun to be here
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast