Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question on prednisone

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also went back on pred a couple days ago to 40mg. Breathing and energy and coughing up mucus was getting worse. I went for labs a couple days ago as well and the WBCs were up to 11.8 and the CRP was up to 35. So something is going on. I suspect still part of a mini flare and I might need another dose of RTX or it is a lung infection. I'm leaning towards a lung infection. Thankfully I see my new lung doc next week.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    I also went back on pred a couple days ago to 40mg. Breathing and energy and coughing up mucus was getting worse. I went for labs a couple days ago as well and the WBCs were up to 11.8 and the CRP was up to 35. So something is going on. I suspect still part of a mini flare and I might need another dose of RTX or it is a lung infection. I'm leaning towards a lung infection. Thankfully I see my new lung doc next week.
    Sorry to hear, Phil. Mine feels like a mini-flare along with allergies. I hope yours is not a lung infection, but just a mini-flare as well.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually prefer this to be an infection. Even a mini flare could cause more scar tissue to form in the bronchi and make the breathing worse.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry to hear you both have to up your pred (Anne) or start it again (Phil). It will hopefully stop things in their tracks so you don't have further distress. Hugs to both of you.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually prefer this to be an infection. Even a mini flare could cause more scar tissue to form in the bronchi and make the breathing worse.
    Oh, well, in that case, I hope it's an infection and not a very severe one, which can be easily treated. We don't want to see any more scar tissue building up in you!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh I am sorry, sweetie. I hope that the pred will do a good job and will make you feel better and breath better, so that NO flare and NO lung infection will be found... like Anne said, we really don't want more scar tissues... enough is enough ...

what is going on here ? Phil and Anne ? our 2 "rocks" of the forum
    prayers and hugs to you, take care and update us.
    now let our best friend, Pred, do its fight....
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia, I knew Phil was a "rock" of the forum, but I didn't think I was. Or if I am, there are more than two. Several others have a big presence on here and have been here longer than I have... Anyway, I felt bad about saying I hoped Phil had an infection; it came out sounding wrong... I just wanted him to have what he considered the lesser of the two evils, but really would prefer he had neither, of course! I felt OK today on my 20mg. of pred. Not enough time for the moon face to show yet!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 "rocks" among more others..... and of course you mean only good Anne ....
    Last edited by Alysia; 04-06-2014 at 01:54 PM.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course you are a "rock" here Anne.....you just plain rock

I'm sure my new lung doc will want to at least take a look around inside so hopefully he doesn't find anything too bad. But I know it is bad unfortunately based on my breathing. I went up to 60mg of pred today. I will drop down to 30mg for the next few days until I see my lung doc.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure my new lung doc will want to at least take a look around inside so hopefully he doesn't find anything too bad.
    aw Phil, how can he see anything too bad ??? when looking INSIDE you, one can see only so much goodness
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast