Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question on prednisone

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by murmur View Post
    For anyone who was on a high dose of prednisone; when did you start to see the "moon face" go away? I was on 60mg and now I am at 20mg and it has gone down a little. Just curious about anyone else experience.
    I started to lose the "buffalo hump" about 20 mg too.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a gradual thing, but I guess around 15-10mg. Also lost 13cm from my waist
    Diagnosed 08/2013, Relapse 07/2014, Relapse 5/2017 (although early signs of it from 12/2016)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi I started, this time, at 80 down to 7.5 the moon face started to go when I got to 10 but the weight i gained is still here. I'm working on getting rid of it but it seems like a very slow process. Good luck!

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tankerB25 View Post
    Hi I started, this time, at 80 down to 7.5 the moon face started to go when I got to 10 but the weight i gained is still here. I'm working on getting rid of it but it seems like a very slow process. Good luck!

Steve
    After a year I sort gave up and bought more larger size clothing and two years later I bought more and gave away my pre Wegs clothes. My weight sort of seems stable now for past two years but it is 18% higher than before the Wegs treatment..
    Last edited by drz; 04-05-2014 at 09:00 PM.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'm about to find out if going back up to 20mg. will bring back my moon face. My bloodwork this week showed my inflammation level has gone up and the doc wants me to up the pred from the 7mg. I've been on. I've had vertigo a couple of times and a lot of sinus and ear pressure, plus a CT scan just showed my sinuses to be blocked and barely draining. Haven't actually talked to the doc about any of this but the pred goes up to 20 starting tomorrow. I'll know more next week when I see the doc, and will see the ENT the following week..... will let you all know what happens.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Well, I'm about to find out if going back up to 20mg. will bring back my moon face. My bloodwork this week showed my inflammation level has gone up and the doc wants me to up the pred from the 7mg. I've been on. I've had vertigo a couple of times and a lot of sinus and ear pressure, plus a CT scan just showed my sinuses to be blocked and barely draining. Haven't actually talked to the doc about any of this but the pred goes up to 20 starting tomorrow. I'll know more next week when I see the doc, and will see the ENT the following week..... will let you all know what happens.
    Ok good luck with everything and thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by murmur View Post
    Ok good luck with everything and thank you!
    Thanks.... I won't hijack the thread by talking about my recent issue here. I hope your moon face goes away at the higher end of the range! And I don't remember personally welcoming you to the forum, so, welcome to the forum! It is the best place to be if we have to have Wegener's.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Dear Anne, I hope that our dear friend, Pred, will help you soon. please update us
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    Dear Anne, I hope that our dear friend, Pred, will help you soon. please update us
    i will, but on another thread or on Facebook.... I really don't know anything yet.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast