Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brown stains between bottom 6 front teeth

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a quick update (my main update is on my update thread) that the staining was apparently caused by herbal teas staining existing plaque. I would never have suspected herbal teas but that's what the dentist said! I will have to brush several times a day to stop any plaque buildup (mind you it's been well over 2 years since my last cleanup session) and if there is no plaque then there is nothing to stain.

Just reading above I see that I forgot to get the oil to try the "oil pulling". Will add to my shopping list this week
    "Slow and Steady wins the Race"
    All the best, Inge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't mean to be too simplistic , but I have had this before I was diagnosed. The dentist told me it was coffee stains. I have a permanent retainer on the bottom and my tongue doesn't get there and saliva seems to pool around it. They cleaned them off easily but now they are back. I used to drink a lot of coffee. Now not so much.

Sent from my iPhone while driving on the freeway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes he asked me about the coffee to start with but I don't drink it at all. I am also thinking that whilst I had the tongue ulcer in the hospital I used a very sticky stuff called Gelclair to cover the ulcer. I rinsed my mouth with it 4 times a day and I think that is probably what built up the plaque between the teeth and it's the plaque that gets stained. The timing would be right. So now the ulcer is healed and I am off the Gleclair the staining may not return unless I manage to rebuild the plaque another way. I also had to swap to a baby toothpaste during that time because everything cut into the ulcer and hurt like hell. So my dental hygiene was somewhat different for over 6 weeks whilst the ulcer healed.

I did contact the company Gelclair but they have not come across anyone else having this staining but could be that nobody has thought of linking it as yet. The staining started about the time I started using the product.

Well time will tell. I will continue to drink the herbal tea so if the staining returns it won't have been the Gleclair building the plaque. Other thing is I need to go more regularly to have the teeth cleaned. I left it over 2 years this time round so obviously that's not a great idea. Thanks Greenjeep for your feedback.
    All the best, Inge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess you really need to visit a dentist. We always thought that teeth stains can be wipe away by any formulated toothpastes and strips in the pharmacies. But the truth is, it isn’t the right choice. Besides, the condition varies from person to person. So, if ever you had a teeth stain and discolouration, the best thing to do is to consult a dentist. I had my teeth whitened (started when I was 23) in Beverly Hills through the help of Dr. Frey. Until now, I’m satisfied with the result. Having it done in the clinic is a long term investment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi inge,
    It could be a fungus.
    Are you on any antifungals?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Crest Pro-Health complaints

I noticed the same thing recently - almost overnight there was staining between all my bottom front teeth. I'm on no medication and the only product I've changed recently was my mouthwash. After a little research I discovered that Crest Pro-Health Clinical mouthwash stains some people's teeth. I dumped it, needless to say. Do you use this product? http://bc.ctvnews.ca/consumers-spitt...brown-1.993571

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dentist said the same about the Crest ProHealth. I was using the mouthwash when I noticed staining on my teeth. The problem is that I had been using the mouthwash for about 1 year before the staining started.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No I don't use the mouthwash. My dentist said it was Herbal tea. I stopped using that for a while but no difference to the staining. Apart from the meds I am on now there is nothing I am eating or drinking that I haven't been eating or drinking for years and in the past I never had the staining. It started in March / April this year so I am still very puzzled what is causing it.
    All the best, Inge

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123