Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brown stains between bottom 6 front teeth

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try OIL PULLING. Google it. Something I resorted to before diagnosis when my sinuses were driving me batty. Helped a little for the sinuses but what it did do very well,
    was whiten my teeth and my hair became much healthier. It claims to have a lot of health benefits. These days I do it mostly to remove the stains from my teeth as I am a big tea drinker. Anyway, certainly wont harm you so worth a try. I would do it 3 times a day initially to obtain fast results

Rose
    Last edited by Rose; 03-30-2014 at 12:08 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Try OIL PULLING. Google it. Something I resorted to before diagnosis when my sinuses were driving me batty. Helped a little for the sinuses but what it did do very well,
    was whiten my teeth and my hair became much healthier. It claims to have a lot of health benefits. These days I do it mostly to remove the stains from my teeth as I am a big tea drinker. Anyway, certainly wont harm you so worth a try. I would do it 3 times a day initially to obtain fast results

Rose
    Thanks Rose. Never heard of this before. Sounds very simple! I'll buy some sesame seed oil tomorrow.
    "Slow and Steady wins the Race"
    All the best, Inge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This happened to me, right around the time I started Imuran. Looked up all my meds, and no known side affect of teeth discoloration. Went to the dentist and was told it was plaque build up. I go to the dentist, religiously, every 6 months and NEVER have plaque build up. Dentist told me sometimes meds can change our saliva and cause increased plaque. This was 3 months ago and I have not had an issue since???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruotsi1 View Post
    This happened to me, right around the time I started Imuran. Looked up all my meds, and no known side affect of teeth discoloration. Went to the dentist and was told it was plaque build up. I go to the dentist, religiously, every 6 months and NEVER have plaque build up. Dentist told me sometimes meds can change our saliva and cause increased plaque. This was 3 months ago and I have not had an issue since???

That makes a lot of sense Ruotsi. I have been on a truckload of meds if you include all the pain meds I was taking until recently. So no wonder. Glad that you have had no issues since the cleaning. Hopefully will be same for me Thanks
    All the best, Inge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ingemlb View Post
    Drz I noticed that when doing my research. However I haven't been using a mouthwash. Just brush my teeth with Sensodyne (due to having sensitive teeth) and floss them.

I think the baking soda is slowly working on the stains. They seem less distinct than at first. But maybe I am just imagining it. Will keep it up for now and see what happens
    Do you use the Sensodyne toothpaste with either gentle whitening or one for deeper stains?
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    Do you use the Sensodyne toothpaste with either gentle whitening or one for deeper stains?
    Neither drz. Just normal. I shied away from whitening pastes as I had a feeling they may eat into the enamel but that's without doing any research.
    All the best, Inge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neither drz. Just normal. I shied away from whitening pastes as I had a feeling they may eat into the enamel but that's without doing any research.
    I used the Sensodyne Pronamel which is described as strengthen and re-hardens enamel to protect against the effects of acid erosion. I have GERD so figured it might help with that. It has the Fluoride and is also for sensitive teeth. They also sell another one at my drug store that has greater whitening for deeper stains but I don't see any stains for figure the milder one is fine for me. I have lot of dental issues since Wegs and some started earlier due to years of diabetes so I see my dental staff frequently.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks drz. I will check these out. Will see my dentist next week I think so will discuss with him too Looks like I will have to be more careful in future with the Wegener's and now also the diabetes. Is there any part of the body that's safe from Wegener's?
    All the best, Inge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks drz. I will check these out. Will see my dentist next week I think so will discuss with him too Looks like I will have to be more careful in future with the Wegener's and now also the diabetes. Is there any part of the body that's safe from Wegener's?
    NO! But some parts are more likely to get attacked than others or damaged by the treatments.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michelle (and anyone with discolored gums) - you may have gingivitis or the early stages of gum disease. I have gingivitis because I have caps on my two front teeth after my adult teeth were broken in an accident. Having a foreign body always attracts more bacteria and this leaves me more susceptible to having gingivitis. Brush 2-3 times a day, angle your tooth brush at a slight 45 degree angle toward the gumline. If you have pink in the sink that means your gums are bleeding and it's gingivitis. Oral health is important for overall health. I learned in Microbiology that someone with bad oral hygiene can actually end up with arteries full of, not cholesterol but, BACTERIA. Super gross. Also, it's a good idea to floss daily but I'm really bad at that...

Periodontal (Gum) Disease: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatments

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast