Thread: New in New Jersey

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default RTX versus Imuran

Quote Originally Posted by MaxD View Post
    mrtmeo: I think you meant to address that to darl-p, not to me. In any case, darl-p was diagnosed 7 years back when RTX wasn't yet approved for GPA. If I were him, I would definitely see a good rheumatologist even if I had utmost confidence in a nephrologist.
    Max,
    I have covered this extensively with my rheumatologist. He is definitely in favor of staying with the imuran and has lowered my dose. He is a young guy but goes with the data for imuran that has a much longer history of success and also has less side effects. He has told me he would switch to RTX in the event my uric acid increased and I needed a Rx to control it. The preferred Rx is incompatible with imuran.
    Bottom line ... As I have said in the past, it is a balancing act to get the right meds that your body reacts to and then you also need to have full faith and confidence in your medical team. For me every thing seems to be working well. If I could only find a pill that would increase my energy level. Any suggestion. ( I have already convenienced the team to allow me back on a low level of prednison.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MaxD View Post
    mrtmeo: I think you meant to address that to darl-p, not to me. In any case, darl-p was diagnosed 7 years back when RTX wasn't yet approved for GPA. If I were him, I would definitely see a good rheumatologist even if I had utmost confidence in a nephrologist.
    oops, sorry MaxD.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234