Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Legs and feet swelling

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Legs and feet swelling

I am wondering if a lot of you have problems with the legs/feet swelling with warm weather the worst?
    I am keeping my salt down blood pressure is like a lot of you to high, other than getting my feet up not found much else to do.

I saw this issue when I first came on or I said it not sure which, but don't remember if anyone had any answer's. I am 8 years in although my old doc thinks I had it for about 6 years prior to putting a name to it. I am noting this as I think the swelling puffiness is a little more in the last few years.

Mary

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suffer paricularly from swollen ankles. It is usually worst at the end of the day and putting my feet up is the best option. My rheumy is fairly sure it is caused by one of my blood pressure medicines.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will ask the doc when I am in as the ankles are the worse for me also maybe they can change it. Thanks for the idea it maybe worth a try.
    Last edited by jakekell; 03-24-2014 at 12:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jakekell View Post
    I am wondering if a lot of you have problems with the legs/feet swelling with warm weather the worst?
    I am keeping my salt down blood pressure is like a lot of you to high, other than getting my feet up not found much else to do.

I saw this issue when I first came on or I said it not sure which, but don't remember if anyone had any answer's. I am 8 years in although my old doc thinks I had it for about 6 years prior to putting a name to it. I am noting this as I think the swelling puffiness is a little more in the last few years.

Mary
    Mary, I have a couple pairs of over the calf (almost to the knees) diabetic socks that I wear if I know that I am going to be on my feet the entire day. They help push the swelling out a little bit. Putting them up whenever you can helps too. I noticed that once I started tapering the pred off, mine got better.
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are these your joints that are swelling ?
    I think you should also sheck your kidneys. creatinine. urine analysis.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first notable symptom I had of WG was swollen ankles and feet accompanied with acute pain. They are not swollen now but left me with ugly brown,black,blue,yellow neuropathic feet and lower legs. I would certainly ask doc and try to get a handle on this swelling. The pressure stockings are a great help.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am pretty sure they did that test 8 months ago, but good idea I will ask him when we go home in May as we vacation where it is warm. I would say it is more the joints when it starts swelling.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I will get the stockings and I am sure your right about time to get a hold of this if possible. I had some swelling on the onset also, but not as bad as your sorry yours was so bad.

Mary

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had problems with my left leg (foot ankle and lower leg) swelling for absolutely years. I can't spend a lot of time sitting with my legs on the floor. I had to invest in a recliner chair and even typing on the computer I do with my legs raised. I had all sorts of tests / checks done over the years but nobody has been able to explain it. I seem to be ok moving around it only happens sitting still for even short periods with the knees bent.

I arrived at the hospital earlier this year with all joints swollen. Then after I started Prednisolone the joint swelling went down but the first few weeks on Pred made both my feet and lower legs swell quite badly even making it difficult to walk. That was despite lying in bed all day with the feet raised. That has now totally disappeared and both feet look very good actually. At home I do move around more and when I sit I am always in my recliner chair with the feet raised.

Have you noticed Mary if it gets worse on sitting? or moving around? I have real trouble with both legs when flying. Hard to raise your legs on long haul economy flights
    "Slow and Steady wins the Race"
    All the best, Inge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My swelling is in the same areas and starts when sitting as does yours. We travel through the Mountains going/coming from our summer home to our winter home and when in the higher elevations they swell more like being in an airplane.

Mine has also gone on for sometime and nothing found as yet. I am going to be sure that the kidney check was done when I think it was, which wasn't real long ago. I do notice my ankle bones get really puffy first usually then if I don't get them up they continue to swell. I will pay attention, but if I am moving I think they are not bad.

I have been trying to ride my bike around here a couple of times a day as that seems to help some. I am going to get a recliner for our winter place as don't have one, but use a recliner in the summer up north.

I have a funny feeling this is one of those things that just come with the weggies for some of us. I am wondering if being older than some weggies maybe a factor also as not far from 70, circulation gets a little less on top of having wegs. Thanks for letting me know your having the same issue, hopefully it isn't anything more than "just the way it is"

Mary

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast