Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hurting - Flare up?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hurting - Flare up?

for the last week I have had pain in my left arm 3" above my elbow - I helped my daughter move, I really did not do a lot, but the pain started the next day and it comes and goes. I have been pretty lucky and have not had a lot of pain from Weg's but I wonder now if I have hurt or strained a muscle or if this is a flare up starting. If I move it around just right it will go away. I know Pred's can damage muscles so maybe that is why I am having problems. Anyone else have this occur?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,
    is it a pains in the joint of the arm ? is it only in one hand ? do you have other pains ? do you have more coughing ? nose bleeding ? ears aching ? red eyes ? how are your labs ? do you have fever ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    Hi,
    is it a pains in the joint of the arm ? is it only in one hand ? do you have other pains ? do you have more coughing ? nose bleeding ? ears aching ? red eyes ? how are your labs ? do you have fever ?
    No pain in joint and if I put pressure on it it feels better. It is about half way between my shoulder and my elbow and it hurts in one spot. No coughing or anything. Am on Pred (5mg), bactrim, luflunimide(sp?), nexium. Just wondered if anyone else has had issues with their muscles due to the medicine we are on. I am not one to complain about pain, had shingles last year and never missed a day of work, but this is getting really old. Just got out of the hospital in Jan with the flu, definetly do not want new bills coming in since I have not finished paying for the last trip to the hospital.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm guessing it's some sort of muscle strain and not a flare up. Seems like with a flare you'd be having issues in other areas, as well. I have read on here of muscle deterioration due to pred, so it seems logical that that muscle underwent more than it was ready for. I should think if you go easy on it, it will heal and feel better. That's all just my uneducated guess.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with the uneducated guess. I worked physically hard all my life and now have to take it very easy or I pay for it for up to a week. And with all the questions Alysia asked I think we should at least know what you had for dinner last night.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that if it is only in one spot then it is "local" and prob not a flare.... but always better to ask a doc... not to negelct it without treatment if needed.
    btw, there is a question, that is also in the thread of Phil, about muscles pains and if they are related or not related to WG, to our meds, or whatever...
    I just can say that after I got the last round of rtx I had pains all over my body for some time...
    I hope you will feel better. please update us.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by renidrag View Post
    And with all the questions Alysia asked I think we should at least know what you had for dinner last night.
    Dale
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to agree with everyone else -- doesn't sound like wegs. Sounds like a sprain...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got Nasal blockage, destruction, bleeding first thereafter lung nodules with C anca positive report.

Now I am on Endoxan treatment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RAMA View Post
    I got Nasal blockage, destruction, bleeding first thereafter lung nodules with C anca positive report.

Now I am on Endoxan treatment.
    welcome Rama. when you will feel like, please share with us more about you. I hope that your treatment is helping you.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast