Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: you don't look sick

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

glad it seems ok for you Dale, and yes I am always told I look well when I feel terrible all the time.
    Mike
    If you can't be positive be optomistic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad it's nothing serious Dale, although it may feel major to you.

Since I was originally diagnosed before my boys were born they grew up knowing I had "a lung disease." Since it wasn't active I didn't pursue it with them. Last year when it reared it's ugly little head I gave them both hand outs (can you tell I used to be an instructor) on Thanksgiving Day when we were all together. I figured if they want more information they can Google it. I can't force feed them. The youngest lives with me so he can see what has happened just in the last 4 months. I think they worry, but know there isn't much they can do.

I have not shared with many people at work why I'm out. Most of them wouldn't care anyway and I prefer to keep my life private from work. The groups that I'm a member of are on my FB page however, and if they choose to check it out so be it.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by renidrag View Post
    Don't look sick and guess I'm not. Doc said probably muscle spasms. Lungs sounded fine,scheduled PFT for next week so he wants me to exercise more. Thanks for thinking of me.
    Dale
    Don't look sick plus not being sick is the best option
    good luck at the PFT.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recently enjoyed the spoon theory....I think someone posted it here already... Butyoudontlooksick.com. Excellent explanation of ' a day in the life...'

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Christina32 View Post
    I recently enjoyed the spoon theory....I think someone posted it here already... Butyoudontlooksick.com. Excellent explanation of ' a day in the life...'
    Thanks your link does not work for me, so I add here another one... great theory.
    here is the link: The Spoon Theory written by Christine Miserandino | But You Dont Look Sick? support for those with invisible illness or chronic illness
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a little vent, please ?
    I came back from my wg-doc. he said that he beilieve that I will not get anything from the gov because of the wg. (I sent papers to get disablity) "looks how you look like, they will not give you anything"....
    what can I say ? grrr.....
    and then he continued with writing that I am still smoldering....
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear this Alysia. Is there any recourse or perhaps a more stubborn Doctor? In the States here we can request a hearing to try again. Hope you have something like that.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    a little vent, please ?
    I came back from my wg-doc. he said that he beilieve that I will not get anything from the gov because of the wg. (I sent papers to get disablity) "looks how you look like, they will not give you anything"....
    what can I say ? grrr.....
    and then he continued with writing that I am still smoldering....
    That is very disappointing, Alysia. I'm sorry. Doctors can be wrong about these things, so maybe you should still try. But it doesn't sound like this doctor will back you up if they ask him for his opinion. Maybe if you get a lot sicker someday.....? But we don't want that to happen, and that's why you need some help now, to make that less likely. It is ironic. I don't blame you for being angry.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would still try sweetie. It took me 3 tries to get it.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia,

Been off oh here a few days this is a thread near to my heart after 8 years of this crappy weggies. I also have gained so much weight from meds so now people give me the impression that if I lost the weight I put on all would be better. People don't get it at all and given that they will as nobody knows about this disease. I try to limit the information as those who really want to hear it will look it out on the internet. My husband of 48 years and a sweetheart even forgets that I am not wanting to walk when my legs/feet are swelling up. I think we do look pretty normal, which is the good/the bad of it.

I hope your feeling better by now as it is just tough someday's. VDub's sister-in-law saying "this disease isn't really a big deal" is also happened in my family as my brother-in-law gruffly said to me "so are you over this disease now?" gotta just love them don't you.

Mary

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast