Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: you don't look sick

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of bosses.....my boss has the flu at the moment

He has been away from work for the past week and still isn't much better, however, he has to come in tomorrow for a meeting.

He thinks that it is a joke that I am going to give him a surgical mask and gloves to wear when he gets in.......he will wear them because he will think he is having a laugh with everyone - however, he will be protecting us all. The laugh will be on us
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talk about rude! I think this will be a case of Karma, he will have life hit him one day. My old VP was told by my supervisor to be careful when sick around me as the department was all going to try to not give me the flu etc. The first thing he does with a terrible cold is to get right in my face go figure! People in my dept climbed all over him, maybe others will come help you out? This is all hard enough without people not taking us seriously, good news about getting old I was able to retire to get out of that work mess.

Mary

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FORTUNATELY I have my own office. On my lunch, I turn out the light, turn off my phone and take a 15 minute power nap. It actually does help. Good advise :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah T View Post
    FORTUNATELY I have my own office. On my lunch, I turn out the light, turn off my phone and take a 15 minute power nap. It actually does help. Good advise :-)
    That is great, you are lucky to have that. I'm now thinking of Alysia in Israel, who also has her own office, and I hope she does the same. In addition, she has an office cat! Sort of irrelevant to anyone but us cat lovers. i don't imagine most people have offices that are set up well for cats.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    That is great, you are lucky to have that. I'm now thinking of Alysia in Israel, who also has her own office, and I hope she does the same. In addition, she has an office cat! Sort of irrelevant to anyone but us cat lovers. i don't imagine most people have offices that are set up well for cats.
    my office's cat, Domino, is living outside my office. my office is in a building of 4 families with big garden and an open basement. so Domino, lives in the basement and the garden, or coming to my office or to the other families at the building. especially when it rains... everybody is feeding him and playing with him, and he is nice and friendly cat. here he is, in my office...

Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post

He has been away from work for the past week and still isn't much better, however, he has to come in tomorrow for a meeting.

He thinks that it is a joke that I am going to give him a surgical mask and gloves to wear when he gets in.......he will wear them because he will think he is having a laugh with everyone - however, he will be protecting us all. The laugh will be on us
    If he will only DARE not to wear that mask, he will have to deal with us
    please tell him, that lots of weggies, all around the world, are on-line waiting to hear how he "behave"....
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will let you know.

He hasn't made an appearance as yet but it's only 8.10am. Hopefully he just comes in for our meeting and then goes.

He is a good egg and will do as he is told His wife is a nurse, so he gets the big picture
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jakekell View Post
    ... good news about getting old I was able to retire to get out of that work mess.

Mary
    Oh, Mary, I dream of those days, but I have about 15 years before I can even think about retirement. Plus, working at a public institution (a college) in Illinois where the pension system is broken beyond repair, due to the Governor and legislatures raiding the pension fund of all the funds years ago to pay bills/debts, I might never be able to afford to retire. Let's hope I'm wrong!

For the record, I'm jealous!! (-8
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post

Are you going to sell tickets to the Michelle vs. Boss smack-down Michelle? I'd love to see you give him a thing or two for all of us immune-suppressed Weggies!! Go get 'em!! LOL! (-8
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's awesome Alysia. Our office has a strict no pet policy...except for our CEO who brings in her dog on occasion. I would LOVE to bring in my cat or dog. They are (usually, lol) very therapeutic.
    Blessings -
    Deborah

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast