yeah, got tired of the lampshade pic.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by renidrag View Post
    I thought that since I don't look sick, I could sneak that I have an appt with Pulmonary today, have been experiencing right lung pain and shooting pains in my left lung. At least I think so. Probably won't have any answers today but hoping to get x-ray or CT scan. It has been about a year without a look see.
    Dale
    Sorry to hear this, Dale, hope it goes well and turns out to be something manageable. Sometimes I get weird pains in that area and others and then they go away. New avatar for you, too! So like me, you have no trouble posting a new avatar, just trouble posting pics in body of post.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry that other pic didn't post. I had tried to delete the post but apparently that didn't happen. Alysia you have this posted to your timeline also. I think it is very appropriate for this thread. Like the new avatar Anne.

Last edited by vdub; 03-26-2014 at 04:20 AM.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When people tell me that I look great,I say thank you it must be that special magical makeup I have on. I like most of us don't want pity I just want to be understood as to why I don't make plans for social events. It would also be nice to have those close to you actually take to inform themselves about our conditions.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaha View Post
    When people tell me that I look great,I say thank you it must be that special magical makeup I have on. I like most of us don't want pity I just want to be understood as to why I don't make plans for social events. It would also be nice to have those close to you actually take to inform themselves about our conditions.
    Yes, I agree... I wonder if my family members, that is, mainly siblings, have been on the internet much to learn about it. Probably not, as they have short attention spans and are busy. I would tell them the best place to learn about it is by perusing this forum from time to time, and I think I HAVE told them that, and sent them the link.... however, I highly doubt that they have really checked it out.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When we were volunteering at a local park, I had just had my lobectomy. The camp host who were disgruntled because we were being pegged to replace them. The lady asked my wife, "If he is so sick, why is he working"? I thought that she was out of line as I was in and out of the hospital several times that first year of my DX. I have referred some to google the disease because I couldn't do it justice by explaining it and then see how sick I am. Being sick is not always constantly fever and stomach evacuations. We feel like crap but try to smile on the outside. If they only knew!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, if they Google the disease they may get the idea we are likely to be dead in 5 years.... that would get their attention!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by renidrag View Post
    I thought that since I don't look sick, I could sneak that I have an appt with Pulmonary today, have been experiencing right lung pain and shooting pains in my left lung. At least I think so. Probably won't have any answers today but hoping to get x-ray or CT scan. It has been about a year without a look see.
    Dale
    I am sorry Dale I hope that it will be simple thing to treat, maybe just a cold ?
    do you think it is wg-activity ? I hope not. sending you lots of prayers and hugs. please update us, here or wherever....
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    When we were volunteering at a local park, I had just had my lobectomy. The camp host who were disgruntled because we were being pegged to replace them. The lady asked my wife, "If he is so sick, why is he working"? I thought that she was out of line as I was in and out of the hospital several times that first year of my DX. I have referred some to google the disease because I couldn't do it justice by explaining it and then see how sick I am. Being sick is not always constantly fever and stomach evacuations. We feel like crap but try to smile on the outside. If they only knew!
    Hi Tom, thanks for sharing. I know that frustration. it is so hard to continue to work when feeling sick... especially if you work with people (like me) and need to be nice to them
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't look sick and guess I'm not. Doc said probably muscle spasms. Lungs sounded fine,scheduled PFT for next week so he wants me to exercise more. Thanks for thinking of me.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast