Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm home

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I'm home

I am now on dialysis for the rest of my life, a decision I was sure I would never make, but when they come to you and say you have a few weeks to live or you go on dialysis it kind of shakes you up. I kept thinking about my horse and who would ride her and take care of her. That all sounds very petty when you are talking about your life, but it was important to me. The procedure was much easier than I had expected and dialysis is much more calming that I thought it would be. I thought it would sound like a bunch of washing machines all rumbling around, but it is very quiet. Once I have healed I will have no restrictions, like I can ride and work in the garden and lead a normal life except every other day to the hospital for half the day. Finding some one to take you will also become more difficult as the time goes by and the novelty wares off. I don't know how much more our old car can take. I want to that you all for your kind support and encouragement, it really did help keep my going. We have a great group on this forum, I'm sending a hug for each and every one of you. Barbara
    My blog: Animo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so glad you are home Barbara and I'm glad you made the best decision, not only for your horse's sake but definitely for your own

You are so right about this group of people, they are awesome.

Take care of yourself and we hope to hear much more from you are time goes on
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so glad you are okay Barbara. Dialysis does suck but at least you have another change at life. Hopefully you get back to riding and gardening and such.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's good to hear you're home Barbara. I'm glad you made the right decision for YOU and there was NO pettiness involved as that is what is important to you. If someone feels that was petty, oh well, that's on them. I know you have some recovery time, but I hope you get to get out and say hi to your horse and of course share your love with them. All the best for a speedy recovery so you're back in the saddle again. Couldn't resist that phrase as I love it. Hugs to you.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barbara, I am SO glad to hear that you are home AND that you decided in favor of dialysis. and i am sure all your friends and family are as well. I don't know where you live...but around here there are some charitable services that provide medical transportation services either free or at a low cost. Perhaps there is a social worker at the hospital that could out you in touch with such an organization? Hopefully the trip to the hospital is not too lengthy. In any event....Welcome Home. We are ALL so happy to have you back!!
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barbara, its good to see you back on here. I'm glad that you have the option of dialysis and that it lets you do things that you love. I know it can't be easy but I know you will have some good times ahead of you too- even if its just coming here to talk to us.
    My own life has been very difficult for long periods of time in different ways and still I have found some amazing things got planted between the cracks that were well worth growing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome home Barbara. I hope that the dialysis will help you get back to being more active with your Horses.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to hear you're back home, Barbara! Hope you're fully "back in the saddle again" soon!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

welcome home Barbara
    I am glad that you are going for dialsis and saving your life, and that it is not so bad. you are a strong woman and you can make it. I hope that you can find an easy way to get to the hospital and back.
    you are so precious to all of us here and we are all holding your hand all the way.
    I am sending to you lots of love and prayers and hugs
    take care and continue to update us.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome home!! So glad you are better & dialysis is working well!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast