Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Barbara N

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lenox. I know nothing of dialysis but I hope it makes Barbara feel better. Like everyone else tell her we are all thinking of her and wish her good health and energy to ride soon.
    - You can judge the character of a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks so much for the update Lenox. We all love Barbara so much as well.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

3. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lenox, please notice that there is also another thread here, written by Don, in which we also write to Barbara.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the update Lenox.
    I don't want to give false hope, but after I had a few weeks of dialysis my kidneys recovered enough to not have it permanently. Admittedly my situation was kidney failure from fully functioning kidneys to total failure within a short period and during the initial onset of WG. If Barbara's kidneys have deteriorated over many years then I guess there is no possibility of a return to a state where she won't need dialysis/transplant?
    Either way there will be a time when both myself and Barbara will need permanent dialysis/transplant, I just hope we can get a few more years before her kidneys reach that stage.

As others have said, keep us all informed and send our love.
    Diagnosed April 1995

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Lenox, Please pass on my best wishes to Barbara as well. Sending you both all the positive energy I can muster!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best wishes for better health for "Barbara" I am sure her horses miss her as well. Kidney failure is serious stuff and something we all wish to avoid if possible. Sorry she has to deal with it. We miss you Barbara!
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilders View Post
    Thanks for the update Lenox.
    I don't want to give false hope, but after I had a few weeks of dialysis my kidneys recovered enough to not have it permanently. Admittedly my situation was kidney failure from fully functioning kidneys to total failure within a short period and during the initial onset of WG. If Barbara's kidneys have deteriorated over many years then I guess there is no possibility of a return to a state where she won't need dialysis/transplant?
    Either way there will be a time when both myself and Barbara will need permanent dialysis/transplant, I just hope we can get a few more years before her kidneys reach that stage.

As others have said, keep us all informed and send our love.
    Thank you for your kind thoughts but my kidneys have already atrophy-d so there is no hope of any recovery so I will have to learn to live with going to dialysis every other day for the rest of my life. That means I will have to make even more of the time I have and it has allowed me to continue riding which is so important to my mental and physical well being. They say I will feel better and stronger just that I have to make a trip to the hospital every other day.
    My blog: Animo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's so good to hear of others having a supportive partner. When I was in hospital I was more worried about my husband's worry and workload than myself. I don't know you and Barbara Lennox but I would love to send you both a hug anyway. Barbara to give her all the support she needs and you for being such a great and caring help for her and I know how hard it is on family members. You feel helpless yet want to help. It makes Barbara feel cared for and that's worth a great deal.
    "Slow and Steady wins the Race"
    All the best, Inge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara N View Post
    Thank you for your kind thoughts but my kidneys have already atrophy-d so there is no hope of any recovery so I will have to learn to live with going to dialysis every other day for the rest of my life. That means I will have to make even more of the time I have and it has allowed me to continue riding which is so important to my mental and physical well being. They say I will feel better and stronger just that I have to make a trip to the hospital every other day.
    Yay Barbara, you are writing

Yes the dialysis will give you the time to share with your horse and your riding, so I guess that a trip to the hospital every other day is worth the effort.
    I hope you don't have to travel too far each way.

Once things get more under control, maybe they could set up a machine for you at home
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh Barbara, I know many that need dialysis even every day. It is not easy, but you can do it. You will get used to the routine. I am so sorry that Wegs has advanced on you like this. But you are a fighter and will continue on for many years to come.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

12. Likes Alysia liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast