Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default only RTX ? with no MTX ?

Hi,
    since I am under the rtx, I have infections almost every month
    my immune system is def too suppresed
    I talked to my wg-doc about that and he lowered my mtx from 15mg per week to 7.5mg per week. this change gave me bigger intervals between the infections. but I still have them.
    I wonder: maybe I should better be off mtx ?
    mtx never really helped me. after couple of months with it, and no improvement but more worsenning, I started rtx, our miracouls med.
    my doc said that it is common to give rtx WITH mtx together.
    Is there anyone here only on rtx ? or must we be on maintenance meds as well (mtx, imuran) ?
    p.s. I am also on pred 5mg, but can't seperate from him
    thanks.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am looking for links to the RAVE study. Is it already attached to a post on here? That is the protocol that Dr Lebovics and my rheumatologist are following. But we are all different so for where I am in the disease that is the path they have chosen for me. 4 weeks RTX then wean off of pred.
    Last edited by KimH; 03-03-2014 at 09:16 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My rheumy insists on MTX after RTX. I am off the pred now but he thinks I will be on MTX for another 2 years. I hate it with a passion as it makes me feel ill for about 3 days every week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't use MTX because of kidney problems and Imuran is another problem because of warfarin. So just RTX for me. I'm still on 5mg of pred though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My rheumatologist is a fan of combining MTX with RTX if it can be tolerated for the purpose of reducing the likelihood of developing antibodies to RTX...I'm still really new to this whole thing but thought I'd pass along his rationale for combining the two meds particularly while continuing the painfully slow taper on prednisone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mmthomm View Post
    My rheumatologist is a fan of combining MTX with RTX if it can be tolerated for the purpose of reducing the likelihood of developing antibodies to RTX...I'm still really new to this whole thing but thought I'd pass along his rationale for combining the two meds particularly while continuing the painfully slow taper on prednisone.
    my wg-doc said also something like that. about the combination of the 2 as more powerful. but then I still wonder if it not too powerful ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am on RTX only after 8 infusions of CTX. I don't think I can take MTX.
    Mary
    dx'd Janaury 2013
    involvement: lungs, kidney and sinus

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish I knew more, Alysia.I, of course, am on MTX and no RTX. I find that the MTX has helped me, and at one point, increasing the dose got me out of a flare. But I think the question you ask is a reasonable one, and I wonder how much good the 7.5mg of MTX is actually doing.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No MTX for this bird. I take Imuran and haven't had RTX for nearly two years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks Carrie. Imuran is the equivalent of mtx. but I couldnt bear it. I prefer being on rtx. less side effects and it is doing the job !
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast