Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I don't know what's going on

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I don't know what's going on

I took my MTX yesterday. Ugh. I really really really hate taking it because I will feel kind of icky the rest of the day and most of the next. Well ... I wasn't really prepared for just HOW icky I would feel yesterday and now today.

I am violently nauseous. I haven't thrown up or anything. But, I feel like I just ate a GIANT meal, yet I haven't eaten since 5pm yesterday ... and I am so so so so so so so so so so nauseous.

I've emailed my regular doctor, I'm going to email my Rheumy right now.
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm on mtx also, have been for nearly 3 years now. At first it made me nauseous and ill feeling for about 2-3 days after my dose. Doc had me split dose in half, taking half and half 12 hours apart, sometimes I forget the 2nd half and take it the next morning...doc says that's fine. It has worked for me, no more terrible upset feelings. Try it...it does work...many on here do something similar. Good luck.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would that work with the injections? I have to do the shots.
    I also wonder ... and this is gross so I am sorry ... if I have been swallowing mucus while dealing with this cold. I have heard that can make your stomach upset but ... this is bad. Like, very bad!!!!
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do a split dose with the MTX like Don does, but I still feel a little yucky. At his suggestion, I have revised it from 4 pills at night and 2 the next day to 3 pills at night and 3 the next day. Sometimes I spread out the 3 in the daytime over a few hours to minimize the effect. Not sure how much difference it has made... I still feel a little yucky. HOWEVER, one time I had a senior/Weggie moment and took all six pills at night before bed. I woke up feeling A LOT yucky, and did so for a couple of days. So some sort of split dose makes sense. Sorry, don't know about doing injections this way; I guess that would be a question for your doc.

As for swallowing mucus, I think we all do it to some extent, even people without WG. It is normal to produce mucus all day, and it has to go somewhere. However, I understand your concern about swallowing big blobs of it and would try to minimize that. Especially if the mucus is from a cold and contains infectious bacteria. But if you do swallow some, it probably can't be helped much, and I wouldn't worry about it much. I'm very sorry about all the nausea and hope that will subside soon.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is weird, but it's what happened. I found/realized that before dx and everything was in chaos for me, I was spitting abnormal amounts of mucous, then, being the lazy and sometimes considerate person I am...huh?...I swallowed the mucous output...hmmm, not good for stomach. But, in retrospect, it was the spitting that alerted me and, henceforth, the mucous has remained by and by, at large! Yikes!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiNicole View Post
    After reading a few articles on mtx administration, it appears you may be able to split injections also. Now, some of the problems may be in the also splitting the dose as injections only seem to come in 25mg vials. Is that how much you're taking? A standard oral dose is usually only 15mg/week. Do you do the shots yourself? Definitely ask your docs, but you may be able to lessen some of the ill feelings by splitting. Best to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Nikki,sorry you are feeling yucky. I was just going to ask you the same thing Don just did....why do you have to have injections and not take the pill form. Maybe you are really sick since you said you hadn't eaten anything since the day before. Maybe if you get some soda crackers or some broth you might feel a little better...hope so ! Let us know what your dr. says.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiNicole View Post
    I also wonder ... and this is gross so I am sorry ... if I have been swallowing mucus while dealing with this cold. I have heard that can make your stomach upset but ... this is bad. Like, very bad!!!!
    Nikki, maybe you should get to the ER - it may not have anything to do with MTX.

Sorry, I'm being a bit cheeky here because I know that you did go to the hospital, and you have just had your appendix out.
    I hope you feel better very soon - but take this time to also have a well earned rest.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks Michelle for updating about Nikki.
    Nikki, I hope you will recover soon. enough is enough.
    and maybe you can be glad that it is not the mtx.
    sending my prayers and hugs to you
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't know about the appendix..... like you needed another complication! I hope things will settle down soon.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast