Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good news of the personal variety

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations to the both of you ( or should I say the 3 of you ) I hope you are able to stay well for a very long time and enjoy your new family
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big congratulations, Peter, to all three of you! And yes, we welcome this good news for a change.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations. And yes, it's great to hear some good news!
    Diagnosed April 1995

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks everyone! His name is Samuel. So far he's doing great and gaining weight like a machine. He's certainly a little miracle.

Hey Phil, I'm surprised I was on the national news. Thought it was just local. Busy avalanche winter again!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pmarsh View Post
    Hi Everyone.

As many of you may recall, I was diagnosed with WG only a couple weeks after my wedding. This was one tough was to kick of a new marriage. I was far too sick to consider freezing any of my little swimmers, so this meant that we had to put our plans for a family on hold. It's amazing how the possibility of not being able to have children is what made us both really want kids. Sadly we had to wait and hope.

I was advised to wait 1 year after my last dose of cyclo and, although there's not much research into fertility and Rituxan, we thought we should at least wait another 6 months after my last RTX dose. Anyways, I am very happy to say that everything worked out and my wife and I welcomed a healthy baby boy into our family almost a month ago now. We couldn't be happier! However, we could use a little more sleep .

I mention this to give some hope to new and especially young members. The current and future drug treatments available will probably allow many of us to live long and relatively normal lives. I still live a little in fear that I might have a flare up and will have trouble looking after my boy and my wife... but I can't worry too much about it as it might not happy for many many years.

All the best to you all.

Peter
    Congratulations to you Peter and to your wife and baby Samuel (great name).

I was told a while ago if the RTX didn't work it could be cyclo for me and that meant I wouldn't be able to have children. After hearing that news I've never wanted kids more!
    Luckily a few years down the line and 6 infusions later i'm in remission. My husband and I talk about kids but there isn't the hurry that there might have been. Great to hear a positive story and a positive outcome for all.
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wonderful news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations!!
    Sheila-dx and delivered baby Joshua January 2013 (Welcomed Baby Joshua)
    Follow my blog: http://charitymartinsfitnessjourney.tumblr.com ( a blog/daily journal about diet, exercise and health while being a wife, mom and WG patient)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12