Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Harold Ramis

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

auto-immune inflammatory vasculitis, causing swelling of the blood vessels, is what Anne's link read. Sounds like WG to me, he was diagnosed in 2010 and then flared in 2011, I think it said.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone can google lymphangitis and draw their own conclusions.... I'm not convinced that it is a form of auto-immune vasculitis but seems to be more of a swelling of the lymph nodes caused by an infection. I can see it as a fatal complication of having vasculitis. I have no doubt that since this guy had been sick for a few years with some type of vasculitis, he easily could have had WG. But as usual, the articles that are written do not give the whole picture of what really happened. Even if the reporters were given correct information, they could easily have shortened it or failed to comprehend it well enough to accurately write about it.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post
    I just read that it was Lymphangitis - swelling of the lymphatic system.
    Just to clarify, yes, I also saw a link saying he died of Lymphangitis. Then the link may have gone on to say this was a form of swollen blood vessels in the lymph, and I'm not sure if they were trying to call it a form of vasculitis. I read some different items and may be confused. But a search indicates lymphangitis is more of an infection or a result of one. So he could have had WG or other vasculitis and also lymphangitis as a fatal complication. The articles I saw were on Facebook and I had trouble finding them again.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had the same thought as many of you ref gpa. Too bad, to young, and so much talent. He wrote one of all time favorite movies; Animal House.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One article quoted Drl Peter Merkel. The article did say it started with an infection.
    A

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by julia View Post
    One article quoted Drl Peter Merkel. The article did say it started with an infection.
    A
    Infections are what I fear most...that's what took Al and some others...we can't fight a major infection very well as it comes on too quickly or it's been in us too long...reaching for cup of coffee...just another ode to Al...sighs...
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Don View Post
    Infections are what I fear most...that's what took Al and some others...we can't fight a major infection very well as it comes on too quickly or it's been in us too long...reaching for cup of coffee...just another ode to Al...sighs...
    too sad
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Don View Post
    And Lightwarrior, too..... I think of them both and don't know what to do to keep the same thing from happening to me, or any of us.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    And Lightwarrior, too..... I think of them both and don't know what to do to keep the same thing from happening to me, or any of us.
    this is what I was crying about 2 days ago... and from time to time
    I wish I could do something ... too scary
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia, I guess all we can do is try to live well, eat well, exercise, pay attention to our bodies, and make sure we are getting good treatment. The number of us that this happens to appears to be quite small. That does not mean we should ignore it, of course. We just need to get up each day and do the best we can.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast