Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your first flare?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey RudiK, what was it on your blood tests that indicated a flare? I'm fortunate to usually get my results same day. Also I'm not sure about length of time on imuran once I've dropped pred. Sorry you had to get bumped back up and I really hope the cellcept works for you and you don't have to go back to cyclophosphamide.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Christina32 View Post
    Hey RudiK, what was it on your blood tests that indicated a flare? I'm fortunate to usually get my results same day. Also I'm not sure about length of time on imuran once I've dropped pred. Sorry you had to get bumped back up and I really hope the cellcept works for you and you don't have to go back to cyclophosphamide.
    Hello Christina, the blood sedimentation rate jumped from 5 to 43, c-anca jumped from less than 1:20 to 1:160, and the serine protease jumped from less than 20 to 96.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear RudiK. So well for a long time too. Hope you have a short flare and definitely hope Cyclo is not involved in treatment.

CHristina: I was diagnosed (finally) in August 09 presented in lungs only and I was treated with Cyclo, Prednisone and Bactrim along with Calcium and D vitamin and Amoprezole. Was off Pred in Feb of 10. Off Cyclo on June 30, 2010. Still in remission. Do take meds for blood thinning and COPD and Cholesterol. Fatigue and Neuropathy have followed me from the beginning and remain. Be careful of your heels, it could be a predessor of neuropathy. I ended up having cortisone shots in my heels and what a difference. Been about a year now. I could not take Imuran and was on no maintenance drugs. Hoping for the best.

Just adding here, yesterday I was going over some of my test results from last year. 2/13 sed rate 39………5/13 sed rate 62……CRP 27.2. Now do I have anything to worry about? Go back on April 18. Doc said inflammation was hovering.
    Dale
    Last edited by renidrag; 04-01-2014 at 05:32 AM.
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123