Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: from bad to worse?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default from bad to worse?

2 weeks ago thursday.. i went to help a lady with her computer lesson... it rained that morning and clever me wore worned out shoes... at their house i slipped and
    dislocated my knee cap.... oh the pain... i cant tell you how painfull it was....
    the doctor came to push it back .."ouch agian" i have to wear a
    knee brace for 6weeks... at least its 4 weeks to go ... i am still kinda scared it might happen agian... so i walk kinda weird now...
    and yes i do kinda excercise ... i cant sit flat in a bathtub.... bending my knee is kinda sore still or is it all in my mind now?? i dont know

wise words from any of you would help ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Kieshara, You will probably be sore for awhile since it takes time for the ligaments and tendons to heal. The ligaments take the longest to heal. Just continue to take it easy and I would hold off on any exercise that involves your knee for at least another 4 weeks. Hope this helps.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by windchime View Post
    Hi Kieshara, You will probably be sore for awhile since it takes time for the ligaments and tendons to heal. The ligaments take the longest to heal. Just continue to take it easy and I would hold off on any exercise that involves your knee for at least another 4 weeks. Hope this helps.
    i only do leg lifts and a walk alot.... like today i trying to walk without the cruch..... but i feel like falling over.. and my dad is getting fed up .... telling me to start walking and all that

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have to give yourself time to heal or it will take you longer to heal. Did your doc give you any directions regarding activities? Why is this affecting your Dad? Just curious. Have patience with yourself.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by windchime View Post
    You have to give yourself time to heal or it will take you longer to heal. Did your doc give you any directions regarding activities? Why is this affecting your Dad? Just curious. Have patience with yourself.
    doctors said around 6 weeks...and have to get my knee/leg strong agian... and i try to have patience.. its just the stairs i cant climb without holding onto the cruch ,, i kinda look silly, you know...

and my dad has NO
    patience with me being like this...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have to give yourself time to heal or it will take you longer to heal.
    Oh Really?! LOL!

I don't know your age Kieshara, but your dad needs to lighten up...an injury is an injury...kick him in the knee then ask him how it feels...LOL! Sorry, just as your dad has no patience with your injury, I have no patience with people who disdain the human condition...is what it is...easy for me to say, I'm an old dad! LOL! Best to you, take care of that knee!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry about your injury, Karin (if I remember your name right from the other thread where you gave it). This does not make it any easier to help your mom, and your dad should be more patient and understanding, not to mention going to some extra effort to help, as well. I don't know a thing about this type of injury, but listen to the smart people on this forum who made comments above!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dads are like that sometimes Karin

My guess is that he is really stressing about your mum and he just wants you to be better so that he doesn't have to worry about the two of you.

Just do what your doctors say and things will get better - with time
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

today i went for a walk to the corner of our street.. oh the exercise .... not my friend... i rather lay on my bed watching dvds or read a book .. but the doctors say!!! EXERCISE!! i hate that word? who invented it anyways?? LOL (end of ranting)

i had some popcorn today.. yummy... hadnt ate it in ages... i also try to walk without the crutch today but going down the stairs is still a hassle...
    lives on facebook most of the day

https://www.facebook.com/karin.lottering

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast