Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: from bad to worse?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kieshara View Post
    today i went for a walk to the corner of our street.. oh the exercise .... not my friend... i rather lay on my bed watching dvds or read a book .. but the doctors say!!! EXERCISE!! i hate that word? who invented it anyways?? LOL (end of ranting)

i had some popcorn today.. yummy... hadnt ate it in ages... i also try to walk without the crutch today but going down the stairs is still a hassle...
    Don't think of it as exercise, think of it as what you can do to fight this disease. I try to stay as active as I can, but that is far less tha I used to do pre-flare up. It is hard to learn where the fine line is between being active and pushing yourself too far as to over do it. That is something that takes mistakes on your part to lean how much you can do.

So, keep at it and even if you have to count every step you take out loud, take them and keep on fighting.
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

today i went for a longer walk.... and i feel kinda tired out since its so hot here.... but i try to walk in the house without the crutches,.... i do walk kinda still cribble... since i am kinda scared to put to much weight on my right leg... i feel i have to hurry becuase we going away on a short holiday in 2 weeks time
    lives on facebook most of the day

https://www.facebook.com/karin.lottering

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very good that you did that walk... But you still have to be patient, and take rest after exercising.
    You can take your crutches with you, on the holiday, can't you?
    And remember...in two weeks you can make a lot of progress. No need to hurry or panic. Keep up the good work.
    Living with WG/GPA since june 2010...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh dear... what happened?! today i cant walk... did i over do the walking?/ my leg feels like jelly today... back on the crutches... my jelly legs cant take this...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh dear... what happened?! today i cant walk... did i over do the walking?/ my leg feels like jelly today... back on the crutches... my jelly legs cant take this...
    You are pushing too hard. Moderation is the key here. Give yourself time to rest between your sessions. When you overdo it you delay your healing. It's better to practice patience so you can be ready for your holiday.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember what I said inn an earlier post? "It is hard to learn where the fine line is between being active and pushing yourself too far as to over do it. That is something that takes mistakes on your part to lean how much you can do."

Looks like you've started to learn what your limitations are, right?

Trust me, we have ALL been there! (-8
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i do rest/sleep in the aftermoon abit for about 2 hours... and i lay down alot... its just my mom also needs my help to do things around the house...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

today my leg didnt get rest.... it jelly all the way.. had to help my mom with the washing today ... so i didnt get to take a day of rest... i tried to see if i can go down the stairs without the crutch.... no not yet... got to still use it... but i have losen the knee brace so i can bend me knee and walk like a normal person... that works.... i am starting to walk normally within a day...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Karin, I'm glad to hear things are improving slowly but steadily with your knee. Nice to hear from your mom today, and I wish her the best.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was at the doctor today... he said i have to start walking without the knee brace.... i am abit scared.... but i have to do it.... even if i am scared i might get hurt.... but he said i wont....

i am really nervous to walk without it...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast