Ok here is another confusing symptom which I would like some advice on in case others have had similar experiences.

Background:

2005 - late in the year I had a bout of cellulitis in my left leg which hospitalised me and I had to have intravenous antibiotics.
Then later still i was in the yard walked backwards and fell backwards onto a huge boulder.
Some time later I noticed a patchy numbness in parts of my feet and several toes. Not exactly same place in each foot but very distinct. As I had no pain preceding the numbness or any pins and needles it seemed to start suddenly i.e. I didn't notice it arriving gradually.
My GP thought i may have hurt my spine in the fall but decided to also send me to a Neurologist who did a nerve conduction test. The neurologist (early 2006) discovered that some of the nerves had died and diagnosed it as Diabetic peripheral Neuropathy as I was insulin resistant and he classified that as pre-diabetic. I had never been diagnosed diabetic at this stage and was very surprised but was told you can get the complications of diabetes long before the disease is diagnosed. I also saw an Endocrinologist at this stage and he agreed with the diagnosis and both of them told me it will never reverse but new nerves may grow in time and take over but if I lost a lot of weight I could avoid becoming diabetic and avoid the neuropathy from spreading.

Current:

The feet are still numb. Then when I was first in hospital I ends up with pins and needles in both feet, right throughout the feet. This Endocrinologist didn't believe the diagnoses of Peripheral Neuropathy made in 2006 and asked for a new Nerve Conduction test to be made. This test, despite the numbness, found my nerves were all fine, nothing dead at all. So the Endocrinologist and Neurologist decided it's the smaller nerves that died and that could only be tested by biopsy and that could end up with sores that won't heal so i obviously am not interested in going down that track.

However I now still get the pins and needle or tingling in the feet and today pain the the toes on the right foot. They are saying this can't be tied to the Wegener's as it never progressed and didn't go into the hands so no idea where the original numbness came from or if the nerves were affected by the Wegener's way back then and sort of the disease didn't progress in that area?

Interested in others' experiences. Thanks, Inge.

P.S. I mentioned the cellulitis because in 2012 I had a small horizontal bone removed from my shin which on biopsy was considered calcified inflammation. As it was in the same part of the leg as the cellulitis they agreed it probably stemmed from that time. Hence I was wondering if the cellulitis inflammation kicked off anything.