Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neuropathy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I also have Peripheral Neuropathy. I first noticed it last November when I had some discomfort in my feet. This progressed as I was weaned off prednisolone. i am now down to 10mg and doing well with regard to the Wegener's. But the discomfort in my feet has become a big problem.I have tried various painkillers before but to no or little avail.
    The sensation in my feet was the feeling before you get pins and needles; that never never land where everything footwise is super sensitive. Also the feeling of just before you get cramp... but it never comes to anything.The pain increased in July until I was having continuous pins and needles and walking was becoming a problem.... it felt like i was walking on pebbles or shells in my bare feet. The only relief I had was after walking (painfully) for about half an hour the pain did subside, but returned on resting.
    My GP told me that it is difficult to diagnose and my Rheumatology consultants (to be fair to them) were concentrating on getting my Wegener's under control and they tended to view the foot business as a side issue. I also have nerve involvement as a result of the Wegener's and I think they put it down to that. Anyway last Friday it came to a head. I was at a retail park with my wife and walking was extremely painful. I was hobbling like an old man. Now at 68 years old some may say that I am an old man, but inside my head I am young. Something had to be done.
    When we got home I tried some Tramadol. I took 2 x 50mg tablets. Within half an hour I was painfree. I took another two tablets at bedtime and I was painfree all through the night. Two again the next morning and again painfree. Needless to say, I am continuing to take them. Walking without pain is sheer bliss. Don't get me wrong, I still have some discomfort in my feet, but no pain.
    This has worked for me. It may not work for you but it is well worth trying. lfu2

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been put back on low dose prednisone and that is working for me right now. Started feeling less and less pain from the first day. Only 5 mgs. right now and no weight gain. I didn't know how long the good feeling would last but has been one month now and doing well. I think vdub is doing the same thing and he has had good results from low dose pred also.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12