Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: exercise

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad all appeared to go well Inge.

Lets see if we can get you home before you catch something from the person in the room next door, and they make you stay longer

Have a good sleep tonight and hopefully things are starting to look up
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay no lung involvement. What a relief that must be. The sinuses when "turned on" do send a lot of stuff down into our lungs. So that may be the culprit after all. Just happy that you don't have it in your lungs. Have a great day or what is left of it over there. Just beginning mine here. 8:30 AM. Yawn. Been up since 7:00.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad things look fine down there and that they were thorough enough to check it out. I hope they get the biopsy results ASAP, and you are given the all-clear to go home!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back to exercise... In the hospital it was easy to every now and then do a few rounds of the Ward. It was a big ward and long corridors so a couple of rounds was enough a few times a day. Since coming home I don't seem to do as much as I walk from my lounge to the kitchen. Have not felt up to getting dressed and going outside. Also I am a bit worried, previously when I went for walks if I suddenly developed bad pains (happened often) my husband would have to get the car and pick me up. So I joined a gym and that seemed easier as I could stop any time and get in the car and head home. However the last few visits to the gym were ultra scary I got so much pain I didn't know if I could make it back to the car and several times I got the shakes so badly it felt like a hypo that I headed to the nearest shop and bought something to eat. However that was before steroids and diagnosis.
    So now I am on Prednisolone and Methotrexate and not all that excited heading to places where there are lots of people congregating. I would rather be able to do some exercise at home.
    We were wondering about buying an exercise machine. At the gym I liked the treadmill the best as you can walk slow or fast and raise it for an incline whatever you are capable of doing. When my knees were too sore I used a reclining bike. I want to buy a machine I will actually use and that is not too tough on my joints. I want to put it in my lounge room in front of the TV so that the time goes quickly.
    However I am also wondering if this illness starts getting worse and I can't really move that much will it be a waste of money.
    So would like to hear from others who have home exercise equipment and what they would recommend as a good option. Thanks
    "Slow and Steady wins the Race"
    All the best, Inge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would ask for some physical therapy where they do different exercises with you while they monitor you closely and help determine what type of exercise is best for you and what you are like to continue. This also helps you learn what you can do safely and how different exercise affects your body. I found out that for me, tai chi or Qi Gong, recumbent bike, and treadmill were best exercise options.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks drz. You are right. I will have to get hold of a Physiotherapist who understands the issues. I have long been interested in tai chi and I do like recumbent bikes and treadmills. But as far as home equipment I can only buy one machine (not really enough space for more) so still deciding on the bike or treadmill. Probably go for the treadmill. I found a really great fold up one so may try that out. There is a place close by where you can hire them so that may be the first option then if I find I use it regularly go and buy one.
    "Slow and Steady wins the Race"
    All the best, Inge

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567