Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nasal discharge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mike, sounds like we came up with the same technique and posted about it at the same time. So true that being cautious is important with this, so keeping it very brief. One will feel the increase in pressure right away and then can immediately unplug the plugged nostril.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Mike, sounds like we came up with the same technique and posted about it at the same time. So true that being cautious is important with this, so keeping it very brief. One will feel the increase in pressure right away and then can immediately unplug the plugged nostril.
    Yea, I posted it today, and that is about a month after trying it and seeing results. I can't give away all my tricks at once! LOL! I do this with my Waterpik on its lowest setting now that I know what I am doing! (-8
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeG-2012 View Post
    Yea, I posted it today, and that is about a month after trying it and seeing results. I can't give away all my tricks at once! LOL! I do this with my Waterpik on its lowest setting now that I know what I am doing! (-8
    Waterpik sounds like the way to go. Do you have a special nasal attachment for it? Yep, people need to figure out their own tricks, for the most part, and use common sense.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Waterpik sounds like the way to go. Do you have a special nasal attachment for it? Yep, people need to figure out their own tricks, for the most part, and use common sense.
    I use this Waterpik with this attachment (first one on the page. It gives the Waterpik and Interplak models that it fits in the description)

I started my Waterpiking journey with this device, and fried it by overflowing the basin and shorting it out. So in desperation, I looked for a Waterpik locally and found that my tips from the SinuPulse fit a Waterpik I could buy locally for $49.00.

Lately, I just bought my same model at a thrift store for $3.00. I sanitized it with white vinegar and I now have a good, usable spare should this one burn up or wear out. (I'm still running 3 liters 2 times a day through my sinuses to keep them healthy.)
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool, Mike! Thanks! Good of you to find these links and post them. I think I will check out my local thrift stores.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool, Mike! Thanks! Good of you to find these links and post them. I think I will check out my local thrift stores.
    I was certainly doing the Snoopy dance when I found the one at the thrift store. I was so excited, I almost forgot to plug it in and see if it at least made noise! I thought the price was worth the risk as long as the motor on it ran.
    MikeG-2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Anne and Mike. That is a lot more flushing than I am doing and maybe thats why a lot of crap is still running down my throat. Was coughing up quite a bit of bloody mucous today. And the stuff out of my nose wasn't as bloody looking mire yellowy scabs so maybe I am not getting at the sinus deep inside. Still convinced its post nasal drip as I don't have a sore chest. Inge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ingemlb View Post
    Thanks Anne and Mike. That is a lot more flushing than I am doing ...
    My ENT told me that you cannot over rinse. He's amazed that I've stuck it out this long with that much rinsing. I still believe that is one of the best things I started doing for my health. Other than this last little cold that settled to my chest, I haven't been sick with a cold or allergies for over a year--ever since I started the high volume rinsing.
    MikeG-2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have gotten lazy and don't rinse as much as I should. There is less stuff in there than there used to be, but that's no excuse to be lazy. If I had a Water Pik I think it would be enough easier and less tedious that I would do better, plus I'd find out what is really in there that I didn't know about.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to rinse every day. Otherwise it would be very uncomfortable for me to talk and breathe. And within a few days it would plug up the nostrils totally.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast