Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Nasal discharge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drano works just as well...huh? I'm with you Anne, I have a tough time putting stuff in my nose whilst I still have stuff in there I don't want in the first place!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ingemlb View Post
    ...my ENT told me last monday to add some Johnson's baby shampoo (not sure if that is an Australia only brand) to the rinse solution.
    And it's FUN to blow bubbles through your nose. Brings out my inner child!!! (-8 LOL!!

In all seriousness, I've been doing the same thing lately since my mucosa is starting to form normal tissue again. It does smell nice too. My ENT recommends 1% solution which is a teaspoon per liter of saline.
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool, Mike, that gives me a little more encouragement. Although I don't know if my mucosa is forming any normal tissue these days. i wasn't sure it ever would again. But then I think maybe I went undiagnosed longer than you did, so more damage may have been done. I don't remember so much about your initial stages. I just had a CT of my sinuses and will see my ENT soon so should be getting some ideas of how things look in there.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Don View Post
    Drano works just as well...huh? I'm with you Anne, I have a tough time putting stuff in my nose whilst I still have stuff in there I don't want in the first place!
    LOL Don. I don't think I'll try the draino
    "Slow and Steady wins the Race"
    All the best, Inge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have heard of many people using Johnson's baby shampoo - I'm like you Anne, I just couldn't bring myself around to doing it
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post
    I have heard of many people using Johnson's baby shampoo - I'm like you Anne, I just couldn't bring myself around to doing it
    Well, if it works that well, I might just get desperate enough to try it, the way my sinuses are right now.... I'd start with just one drop and take it from there.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Well, if it works that well, I might just get desperate enough to try it, the way my sinuses are right now.... I'd start with just one drop and take it from there.
    '

The only unpleasant thing is the taste You'll be right!
    All the best, Inge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to tell you folks, I have not had sinus involvement at any time, to the best of my knowledge. I have the utmost respect for you all and what you go through. My best to you. Let me say this, during my working years and inhaling many different toxins , when showering I would inhale lightly, soap and water thinking I was hopefully cleaning my nose. Weird, people I worked with thought so.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe that's what protected you Dale
    All the best, Inge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Cool, Mike, that gives me a little more encouragement. Although I don't know if my mucosa is forming any normal tissue these days. i wasn't sure it ever would again. But then I think maybe I went undiagnosed longer than you did, so more damage may have been done. I don't remember so much about your initial stages. I just had a CT of my sinuses and will see my ENT soon so should be getting some ideas of how things look in there.
    Mine were one of the worst my ENT has ever seen. We've attributed my sinus recovery to my diligence and regimen of rinsing. I've been running three liters of saline though my sinuses twice a day for over two years. For the past 22 months, that amount through a Waterpik device. I can also get the untipped end of the waterpick end into my nose and sinus, so I get the saline directly into the affected area. Also, I've been holding one nostril shut and flooding the sinuses with saline and the antibiotic rinse for the past 2 months and the improvement has been exponential. The doc didn't think that I would ever have ANY normal mucosa, but I've proved him wrong, I guess. When I was flaring up in September/October, the doc called the inside of all my sinuses "VERY ANGRY" and told me that they looked like a child's skinned knee after he fell off a bike. Now that the wegs is not active, and I have had a lot of time with the antibiotic rinse (specifically made for me from the test of the culture swab taken of my infection), things are improving.

I am doing anything and everything I can to get after this sinus damage. I think I could count on both hands and feet the number of times I've missed one of my twice daily rinses, and those are when I am just too tired and/or just had a cleaning at the ENT's office. I even take a standard size NeilMed bottle and packets to the ENT's office and rinse immediately after he does the endoscopic cleaning. Any loose stuff he knocks up, I flush out immediately after the appointment. I would do this in the restroom if they wouldn't let me do it in the office sink. If my appointment is in the afternoon, I either rinse at my office and then go, or rinse at the ENT's office prior to and after my endoscopic cleaning.

I am maybe going a little overboard with the rinsing, but I was told that you can't over-rinse. So 6 liters a day is what I'm doing!
    Last edited by MikeG-2012; 04-08-2014 at 10:00 AM.
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast