Thread: Nocturnal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nocturnal

Is anyone else nocturnal?

i started this when I was at Uni, it reappeared when I was unemployed for a while I started full time permanent work in Dec 2012, got into a routine and managed to sleep properly.

I've been signed off work since mid Dec 2013, with sciatica and my nocturnalness (guessing that's not even a word, but hey, you know what I mean) has got really bad. I don't think I've been to sleep before 5am for the past two weeks, 6.30 being the latest. I then sleep through until about 12, take some painkillers & go back to sleep for another hour or so.

Generally this his is ok & works for me. The problem comes when I have to be somewhere in the morning, like a doctors appointment. Wednesday morning I went to an app having only slept for 1.5 hours. Today indeed I need to be awake by 8am to phone for an appointment, it's gone 3.30am & I'm wide awake.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am the same way. I rarely get to sleep before 5am. I have tried hard the past few months to get back in a routine where I get up in the morning but by late afternoon or lunchtime I am wiped again and have to lay down to nap. Then I sleep for hours then am up all evening and night again.....just a vicious cycle. If I had more energy it would not be a problem.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have hormones as an excuse and yes I have my nocturnal nights where I'm wide awake until 4 or 5. This was very annoying when I worked as going to work on a couple of hours of sleep is a hassle. Now what happens is I sometimes get extremely tired by 7-8 at night. Can hardly keep my eyes open. So I go to bed, sleep well, then I'm wide awake at 2. Sometimes I get up and stay up til 5 then get another couple of hours of sleep. Sometimes I just stay awake. Usually I'm unable to get back to sleep. I think the pred may have a little to do with it, but I also know that hormones play havoc with women's sleep cycles after menopause. *sigh* So I'd say welcome to the exclusive club.
    Last edited by windchime; 02-14-2014 at 07:02 PM.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad I'm not on my own then. I turned my laptop off at 5.30, think I fell asleep about 6-6.30, then was awake at 8 to phone the GP surgery (got an app for 10.45). I'm going to try and keep myself busy all day, but if it's anything like Wednesday I'll need a nap later. If I nap during the day I tend to set an alarm so I only sleep for maximum 1.5 hours.

Im gonna have some breakfast now, first time in a while. Then I'm off to see the dr.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can vouch for Phil being nocturnal. That's the only way he can speak to us Aussie's during our daytime

I do head off to bed by about midnight and get to sleep by 1.00am and then up at 5.00am to go to work.
    Have a little nana nap on the chair after dinner - on and off, on and off and then head to bed again at midnight to do it all over again the next day.

The weekends are my downtime, where I don't get out of bed until lunchtime.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe it is a different "internal" clock.... not like the one outside....
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lately, I don't have much problem with going to bed at a "normal" time and sleeping through the night. But I always make my doctor's appts. for the afternoons because it can take me so long to get going in the morning. If I do have to be somewhere early, or get up early to make a phone call, I manage to do it. I am past menopause, so that no longer seems to be an issue. I think it is more the Wegs symptoms and meds that have sometimes affected my sleep patterns, along with getting up at night to use the bathroom.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I managed the day with just a half hour nap, although it was by accident, lol. I laid down for a rest after the drs & a bit of housework, I was using my phone, it was 12.55, next thing I knew, it was 1.30, how'd that happen? I could have easily gone back to sleep then, but had to get up, have some lunch & then visit my mum in hospital.
    Found it hard not to fall asleep on the bus, when stuck in traffic on the way home.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You all have my sympathies--not sleeping would drive me nuts. I don't know how you manage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tonight's gonna be another with very little sleep. Got a drs app at 9.15 tomorrow.
    I can never get afternoon appointments. If I book a week in advance, it's morning & if I phone on the day, it's morning. I might ask the receptionist tomorrow how can I make an afternoon appointment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast