Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Social Security Disability

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck Victoria. How is treatment going? I forget who you are seeing.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best wishes to you on your hearing. Do you have a statement from your doc stating that you are unable to work while you are on tx? Asking because, I had one from my doc and I think it helped to get the approval. Best of luck to you.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm seeing a rheumotlogist. A pulmonologist. ENT and my PCP. I would love it of they were more connected. I'll often pass comments to and from. My rheumotlogist wouldn't fill out the form for SS. That might be bad for my case. I'm trying to get in touch with him to find out why. It's frustrating.

😃 victoria
    Live well.
    Victoria

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for treatment I was off methotrexate for a month or so. My nose started to go crazy again so I'm repeating CT-scans of lungs and sinuses to see if I need to start treatment again. For me the fatigue never went away and I've always had aches and pains enough so that I feel crappy most everyday. Now my right ear is blocked. The ENT said it might just be from sinus pressure. Whatever, it feels like I'm in a fog and I hate it. Wah, wah, wah! 😃How's are you feeling Dale?

😃 victoria
    Live well.
    Victoria

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was diagnosed in 1994 and applied but was denied.. when I flared again in 1996 I was denied again.. I got a lawyer (who did not get paid unless I won the case.) We won the case and I was given my disability. As time went on and I went into remission I was able to go to college, graduate, get my masters degree, and work as a teacher for 7 years before the latest issues began. I contacted Soc. Security and things were re-started immediately as I was already diagnosed and was able to keep my medical insurance the entire time. Advice.. re-apply and get a lawyer. They make it sound that if you can wipe your butt or blow your nose you are not disabled. The fact of the matter is that no matter what you will always have dr apts and always be on meds. There is "no cure" and the lawyer can use that to get your benefits. Keep all documents from Soc Sec. too. That will help you in the fight.. even denial letters because they can go back and pay you from the first application even if it was years prior to the next application. Good luck.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234