Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High blood pressure

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default High blood pressure

Has any one else had a problem with high blood pressure. I have always had low blood pressure and all of the sudden my blood pressure has sky rocketed into the danger zone. I haven't really changed any medication except lower some. I went to the hospital yesterday for a one week treatment and eventually was sent home because they couldn't lower my pressure enough to do the treatment. We are going to try again next Monday if my pressure stays down.
    My blog: Animo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Barbara, they seriously sent you home because your blood pressure was too high .......in the danger zone ????? What the ?????
    How does that happen? Are they not a hospital that treats a person with medical conditions.
    Blood pressure so high would not be a 'send home' situation, that's for sure. Blood pressure that is too high can lead to the heart struggling to cope.

My guess is that your blood pressure is so high because of your failing kidneys (renal hypertension)
    My blood pressure was high when I had some kidney issues and then I was put on tablets.......this was a couple of years before WG diagnosis
    Not only do these tablets keep my blood pressure within normal limits, they also double as a protection for my kidneys which are also way better now.

I would certainly get back to the hospital before next Monday.......are they monitoring your bp while you are at home?
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Barbara.
    I agree with Michelle.
    I am sorry you are going through this. I am worried. did they give you medications to lower your BP ?
    I think you should go back to the hospital and insist on getting treatment asap to the bp. and then for the rest.
    btw - when I got the rtx it lowered my BP very much so maybe it can help.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barbara, I also agree with everything Michelle said,what kind of hosp. sends you home instead of keeping you there and treating you for it. Did they give you any bp meds to help? You should see whay pills Michelle was given which also help protect her kidneys. I feel so bad you are having such a terrible time. I agree that you should go back now instead of next week. That's crazy !!!
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was diagnosed with high BP around the time I was diagnosed with WG. Not sure if it was the WG that caused it or the high dose pred. I'm off the the pred now and blood pressure is not bad but they won't take me off the BP medication!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Barbara, my BP was 196 over 110 when I was first diagnosed. The docs blamed it on kidney failure (I lost 60% of my kidney function due to WG), I was given (and I still take) Benicar HCT and Amlodipine Besylate and my BP is now normal around 110 over 65.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine is called Karvezide. It may have a different name in your part of the world
    It is a Irbesartan and hydrochlorothiazide tablet used to high blood pressure and kidney disease.

My bp was exactly the same as Rudi's 196/110. I tried about 5 different types of tablets before the one above worked.
    It is basically a trial until they find the right combination.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for alll of the response. They did put me on bp medicince and if alll goes well, will do my treatment a week from now, -This week is full of internal medicines and kidney doctor and the WG group
    My blog: Animo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good luck Barbara ! you are in my heart and my prayers
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope they found the right meds for your bp so you can get on to other issues..Good luck
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast