Likes Likes:  0

Thread: wishing for .....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default wishing for .....

I will be seeing my rhuemy on September 2nd and hoping for a reduction in prednisone. I am currently on 10 mgs.

I have been feeling quite good. I have been maintaining an exercise schedule, eating healthy foods and sleeping better. So I really think I am on the mend. I know...I know.....it could be temporary, but one can always wish.

I do know my rheumy told me that I would remain on the MXT for at least a year beyond remission....so no chance of getting off that for a while, but other than the hair problem (which I resolved by getting a curly perm) that med does not bother me.

Because I do not have many symtoms right now, I seem to respond less and less to this group. But I'll have you know that when I was first diagnosed this group was a life saver and I will stay in contact even if I am only reading the threads and not responding. I feel you are all my friends and because we share this awful disease we will always be friends.

Thank you to all of you for your past support. Best of luck with your phases of recovery.

I must need that coffee (20 minutes and counting) I am getting sappy

Lisa Coffeelover

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so glad to hear how well you're doing, Lisa. No need to talk yourself out of feeling good by thinking it could be temporary. You know Wegs well enough to know that being strong again can also be permanent! Either way you--Miss "I'm Gonna Bling Up My Trach"--can handle it.

I hope that even if you never have another symptom, you'll keep contributing to the group. We love you, and your joy and insights help so many. It's also good to have Weggies chime in who are feeling great. Gives us all hope.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

brilliant lisa.it's really good to hear of someone who is doing good.i'm going to make myself a cup of coffee and drink to your good health.please keep in touch with us all as you would be greatly missed.
    john.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad you are on the mend Lisa. Mary Beth and I are so happy to have met you and Dennis. Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing. Right now I need all the encouragement I can get. Hopefully I will be the one saying how much better I feel eventually, but right now it seems like a loooong ways away. :-(

Doug Guest

Believe it, Duane. One day you feel like a patient, the next you think, "I can't believe how well I feel!" You might even catch yourself crying for joy. It happens!

Lisa Coffeelover, I kind of feel the way you do some days, then I think "There are experiences I had that others can benefit knowing, too."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll trust you on that Doug. I hope that once I start getting off the pred will help alot. Its just so frustrating to gain 45 lbs, sweat constantly, etc, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Duane, I've been back on ctx for 7 weeks. In the past 4 years I haven't had a single (I'm not kidding) day where I didn't feel completely awful. But a couple weeks ago, with no warning whatsoever, I woke up and thought, "Wow, I actually don't feel that bad." For the next 2 weeks I didn't have that overwhelming fatigue, the sweats, or the joint pain. I felt like I could see the end of the tunnel.

Now I'm having a little setback (hopefully just a little one!) as a result of some heavy-duty stress. I'm back to feeling awful. But it really gave me hope that things can change, and like Doug said, it can change on a dime. Hang in there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doug it sounds like we need to have that meeting with Duane. He needs us right now and who better to keep him focused on recovery than those of us that live closest to him and are doing better????

Give me a plan and I will work around your schedules. Also, at that time we could perfect our selling t shirts or coffee mug idea to benefit the vaculitis foundation?

By the way thanks Sangye and John for your kind words and of course your wisdom and knowledge has been a great asset to this site. I hope your days of feeling good come soon and I hope that you stay feeling good. You deserve it!

Lisa (coffeelover)
    Last edited by coffeelover; 08-30-2009 at 03:28 AM.

Doug Guest

I doubt I'd be able to come up much before October as I have to start paperwork on Social Security and finalize my Dad's estate matters for my Mom. All things I hate, hate, hate!