Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Imuran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Imuran

Anyone have any experience with this drug? Rheumy just prescribed today - a better alternative than methotrexate because husband and I were trying to conceive. That has been placed on hold, but I've not taken this one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm curious too. Hubby just started on it and it seems with every bump in dose he crashes. Tired, cold, eye swell?
    - You can judge the character of a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I take imuran (azathioprine). Have taken for over 3 years. Do not notice any side effects.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think with any new medication you have to watch for side effects. A lot of people here took Imuran with no problems, I could not take it. Rash, sweating, shakes. So I was put back on cyclo. Off now, we just have to be aware what is going on. Don't like those side effects Allisonquast.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I was on Immuran for several years and am now on Cellcept. I was put on a drug to help with the gout I get from time to time and Immuran conflicts with it hence the change. Otherwise I'd still be on it. As has been mentioned above, with every drug there's the chance of side effects so keep an eye on how you go. My old German Shepherd was on it too - keeping auto immune diseases in the family She just shared mine rather than me needing to buy more from the vet at triple the price.
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    I was on Immuran for several years and am now on Cellcept. I was put on a drug to help with the gout I get from time to time and Immuran conflicts with it hence the change. Otherwise I'd still be on it. As has been mentioned above, with every drug there's the chance of side effects so keep an eye on how you go. My old German Shepherd was on it too - keeping auto immune diseases in the family She just shared mine rather than me needing to buy more from the vet at triple the price.
    Thats funny Andrew, our oldest son has a dog with Addison's and the second oldest lost his to a rare auto immune disease, nothing like keeping it in the family is right.
    - You can judge the character of a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I take imuran, when I first started it (and anytime I increased dosage) I had some massive headaches and a good amount of hair loss. However, the hair has come back and the headaches have stopped. I've been on it now since October 2012.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldn't bear Imuran. it made me diarhea and vomitting, about 10-15 times for the 3 hours after I took it. even in low doze, of 50mg. the doc prescribed me mtx, which was not enough, so I got also rtx.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by carriej22 View Post
    I take imuran, when I first started it (and anytime I increased dosage) I had some massive headaches and a good amount of hair loss. However, the hair has come back and the headaches have stopped. I've been on it now since October 2012.
    It is nice to know that the hair loss stopped Carrie. I just started it a month ago, and my lady at the salon noticed that my sides were thinning. Told the doc about it today, and he said, "...know what your old school doctor is going to tell you?" I answered that I was supposed to deal with it because it was a drug that is going to help me and he nodded in the affirmative. How long did it take for you to notice stoppage of the hair loss? Just curious...
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeG-2012 View Post
    It is nice to know that the hair loss stopped Carrie. I just started it a month ago, and my lady at the salon noticed that my sides were thinning. Told the doc about it today, and he said, "...know what your old school doctor is going to tell you?" I answered that I was supposed to deal with it because it was a drug that is going to help me and he nodded in the affirmative. How long did it take for you to notice stoppage of the hair loss? Just curious...
    Mike I've been on it since Nov 30th and I'm still losing it. Sorry to say.....
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast