Quote Originally Posted by windchime View Post
Not at all Lindsey. There are many here that have been misdiagnosed for years. In addition, he did have a positive ANCA and biopsy for granulomas if I remember correctly. You're just being realistic. Keep the faith and get some rest too.
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Cindy. I've read numerous sources that say many lung malignancies are found on chest x-ray or chest CT incidentally (as in my Dad's workup for Wegener's), so I well understand that he could be a member of this group. It just seems so...coincidental, I don't know. The strawberry gum lesions, the constant sinusitis, sinus headaches, his dry cough (which has been nearly absent for over 2 weeks now), and the lung nodule that is typical of Wegener's are all fairly textbook WG.

My Dad did have a positive ANCA, but the only biopsy he has had was from his gums. The pathology report from his gum biopsy basically said "suspicious for Wegener's." The rheumatologist is not satisfied with this report, because the terms granuloma or granulomatous was not used to described the tissue.

As I have mentioned before, the pulmonologist is just so sure that it's a cancer tumor and he likely feels "backed up" by the PET scan. I'm glad the nodule can be biopsied (during our first visit he said it's too small). I will feel better about the lobectomy if the pathology results a positive though and it would surely squash my doubts flat.