User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Living By Myself/Does anyone else?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lilly, there is a website I do most of my gift shopping from. It's called Etsy.com Everything on the site is either handmade, or vintage refinished. There is a LOT of jewelry on there. Perhaps, you could start making jewelry and sell it. Make some Wegener's Awareness stuff in Red and Black. (myfavorite colors!)
    I know I would buy your stuff, I know lots of people who love handmade jewelry!!!
    It's just an idea. I was trying to think of ways for you to love what you love even more.
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, u have a deal! It's been 3 years since I've painted. It is a real stress reliever, as I'm sure your guitar playing is for u. I know u have to get those callouses back on your fingers and get ur hands back in shape, but u really need to pick that guitar back up! I'll let u know how I'm doing getting my easel and paints out and organized.....you better get some new strings and get ur guitar tuned up!
    Life is a Gift~ Lilly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is a really great idea! I'm familiar with the etsy site, me and 2 of my sisters had a site on there a couple years ago called "Bloomin' Fancy Sisters" and we had fun, but then I moved and it just kind of fell to the wayside. But u have given me an inspiration about making things related to Wegeners Awareness. What a great idea! And I love the colors, black and red too. I may have to begin sketching some ideas.....I thank u so much for that idea! I'm lovin it and the wheels in my head are turning, already thinking of ideas~
    Life is a Gift~ Lilly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is wonderful to hear that you are starting to think up ideas.

I've been trying to get my novel off the ground, but I am my WORST critic and I find myself either deleting it or ... changing the entire thing. Ugh. I'm at 32 pages tonight and stopped writing because I'm not in the mood.

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lilly, I agree with everyone on here and everything they have said.........there is such a great bunch on people on this forum

I agree with Alysia's 'get a cat' idea. They just love being cuddled.

Dale, I think you could play the guitar again. Your fingers are probably going to hurt for a little while, but it will only be from playing too much

Cindy, have you looked at the Adult paint by numbers. They are similar to the ones we did as kids, but much more advance - or harder, if you want for a better word. It's a place to start

Nikki, the book will all come together when it is ready - don't push it too hard.
    I could proof read it for you if you like, my bookclub would love a challenge like this

Who have I forgotten......Anne, get out there and find Mr. Right
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by windchime View Post
    I'm drawn to painting but have no clue where to start. Any suggestions, anyone?
    Hi Cindy,
    start with learnning it. in a group it might be better. and post what you are painting, to we can go with you in that road.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia, thank u for your reply, it made me cry because u r so understanding of my situation. It is so true, this site is such a lifesaver! People just don't get us weggies. I truly feel my mom n dad do, and my sisters. I am truly blessed by that! But it makes me a bit of a recluse because if I "go out" my friends won't understand if I need to sit down, or go home. You are a sweet soul~I would love to share some paintings I've done......but I have a feeling the ones I do now may b different. I'm a different person now after divorce. My paintings are not professional but I paint different thing thank u so much for your reply. Many hugs to u.....I'll b writing more soon....
    Life is a Gift~ Lilly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so impressed with u Nikki, u have a blog, and u r writing a novel! I have always wanted to write, but only have about 5 pages. Maybe once I get organized I can write on it when I feel the creative side if me, eventually a book could come of it! My mom is writing a book as is my sister, both true stories about things that have happened to us. I feel we have a sort of connection. You are so pretty and your pic looks sad. I hope u r happy a lot of days, although I know u r young and afraid. I'm here if u need to vent! Please know I've had many hard times!!!!! U have helped me soo much, Thank You! I'll b writing soon. I gotta get off this phone! It's gonna cost me! Hugs!!!
    Life is a Gift~ Lilly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh gosh, you are writing all this from a phone! Run away! Run now! Those cell phone people love to steal our monies.
    I was writing last night, I'm up to 40 regular pages, with a little research about what manuscript lengths should be, I realized that in a book format, I have 80 pages! That makes me feel a little better about the flow of things. Who knows?! I would LOVE to write full time. Dreams, I still have some of them.
    Thank you for you lovely compliments. I was not sad in the photo. I was trying to be sultry! hahaha. Oh those were the days.
    I write more now because I am inspired by you. You want to make these forward changes in your life, to start doing what you love again and I feel like I can do that too.
    We can do this together.
    We are all in this together.
    When no one else in the world understands, we all have each other who know this disease more than anyone else.
    ((((HUGS))))

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lilly underestimates herself! Her paintings are very primitive, but I love them. I take pictures of her paintings and frame them in 5 X 7s. She doesnt have many, but she needs to begin to do more, as y'all said. With the part-time job it is hard to get started on anything like painting or playing guitar after so many years because it will take a day to get started, and then more effort after. All of you have challenges, and I understand. When energy levels are low, even every other day, don't beat yourself up for not getting motivated. As my signature says, if you can get past all the letters and stuff at the end of my message, "Be gentle with yourself, you are doing the best you can."
    Preferences

§
    -
    =
    Backspace

Tab
    q
    w
    e
    r
    t
    y