Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trach

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahahaha You guys are having too much fun. I'm going to have your diagnosis revoked if you keep it up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha, ha.... hemorrhoids don't really shock me much.... if I currently had them, it would be more of an issue, and I'd be out there looking for some of that stuff!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by me2 View Post
    hahahaha You guys are having too much fun. I'm going to have your diagnosis revoked if you keep it up.
    O a forum like this where there is a lot of BAD things going on with people, it is refreshing to have a laugh once in a while!
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, Mindy, I too have subglottic stenosis. Although I've had a couple of choking episodes when a 'glob' (sorry for grossness) got caught in my windpipe, I've not needed surgery. I have, though, wondered about the connection between the throat and voice and 'being heard' and speaking up, issues in my life. I noticed that your taking up smoking coincided with your standing up for yourself and finding a way to leave an abusive partner (or cause him to leave you?) Have you ever questioned a connection between the relationship's end and the widening of your breathing space? It just struck me on reading your post; can't help but wonder. If this is all way out in left field for you, just ignore me! I guess I'm always looking for reasons, preferably something within my control, because then I could get better! Hope you're feeling well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone tried inhaling essential oils in addition to other prednisone et al?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tess View Post
    Has anyone tried inhaling essential oils in addition to other prednisone et al?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't have tracheal stenosis, that I know of, but there have been times when I had trouble coughing stuff up out of there, and breathing issues, at least some of which were asthma. I did get relief from inhaling steam over a bowl of hot water, with a towel over my head, and I added dry peppermint leaves or other herbs to the hot water. Essential oils could be added here, too, and I probably did that a couple of times, when I had them on hand. Steam from plain water is harsh so it is best to add something to it, even just salt. But the peppermint was soothing and pleasant, and it did open up my breathing and coughing in the bronchial/tracheal area, as well as loosen up the nasal/sinus area so stuff could more easily be irrigated out of there. I have my doubts whether just inhaling an essential oil out of the bottle would do much, but then I haven't tried it. Maybe if it was heated up or used in a personal infuser such as that made by Vicks. Also, finally getting my doc to prescribe inhalers, one albuterol and one of the steroid fluticasone, has helped me a lot with my breathing and coughing. He thought they were just for asthma, and that I didn't have it, but I found them to help with any sort of inflammation that causes breathing and coughing problems. If I stop them, it gets worse again. I might even have a bit of TS, though no one thinks I do or has bothered to find out. In any case, good luck, and I hope you get some relief.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12