Thread: Joint pain/burning sensation

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Joint pain/burning sensation

Hope your all as well as you can be

Over the last two weeks I seem to of gained a new symptom, I've tried to find information etc online but as you probably know searching for anything about this disease isn't the easiest thing to do so I figured I'd ask all you others!

I've been having pain in my joints, mainly my shoulders, elbows, wrists and knees. It seems that if it's not a sharp pain on movement it's a burning sensation when my joints are still. Nothing I have seems to ease it.

I went out for food yesterday with some friends and felt ridiculous when I couldn't even manage to hold my fork long enough to cut my food as my one wrist is a lot worse off than the other.

Anyone else get the same thing? Anyone know anything that eases it if you do?

I'm currently not on any medication as I'm supposedly in remission.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the pain roaming/traveling around to these spots? Or is it simultaneous pain? Either way, having WG, my first thought would be a minor flare, especially if the pain is roaming. If it's consistent pain, it could be arthritis or somesuch. Weather seems to be affecting some on here in negative ways too. Since you are on NO drugs anymore, please consider a flare first. One of my symptoms was pretty pronounced pain in various joints over about a month's time. Best to you.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had flares start with these symptoms so I'd see your rheumy. In my case things got worse quickly, but we're all different. Good time to have blood work & a urinalysis done.

Be Well!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,
    I think you should call your doc about it. in my case, my doc is elevating my pred when I have joints issues.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Twigtitus,

Sorry to add my thoughts on this topic but joint pain was my primary syptom before DX. It got so bad in the evening that I was unable to get undressed, the pressure of pushing a button thru a button hole was too great. Crazy thing was in the morning I was fine and then the pain would return, every afternoon.
    Do you have it all the time and are there any other syptoms? I have to agree with the other guys, it does sound like a flare to me.
    Get some action going and let us know how it goes, all the very best.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to say, but like everyone else that has chimed in, it is a sign of a flare for me. The joint pain would move around - my wrist one day and my knee another. I would recommend you call your doctor and get some blood work to check on things. Like Don says, it could be something else, but I'd rather be safe than sorry and get things checked out. I really hope it's not wegs waking up again.
    Nothing can break you; you are much stronger than you think... look at what you've already survived.